Glaswegians

Of course we have a superiority complex and a lack of interest in the remote backwaters of Scotland. We live in fucking Glasgow, why would we have any interest in visiting or keeping up to date with goings on in fucking Perth or whatever?

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, GAD said:

Of course we have a superiority complex and a lack of interest in the remote backwaters of Scotland. We live in fucking Glasgow, why would we have any interest in visiting or keeping up to date with goings on in fucking Perth or whatever?

We don't live in Glasgow, so why would we give a fk where its city centre is or care about the fortunes of the two absolute stains on society it calls football clubs.

Greater Greenock has more of them than anywhere in Scotland other than Glasgow - forming the transport backbone of our fine metropolis. While you have to traipse down from your schemes to 'the station' in your one horse teuchter town. 
These are also facts. 

Greenock was indeed a crucial backbone of Scotland's thriving commerce - but that was 150 years ago.

Now it's just a sad, dead town that's full of heroine addicts.

I can absolutely see why you'd rather be seen as a weegie.

3 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

We don't live in Glasgow, so why would we give a fk where its city centre is or care about the fortunes of the two absolute stains on society it calls football clubs.

f**k knows, but you all clearly do. Glasgow really upsets the bumpkins.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Greenock was indeed a crucial backbone of Scotland's thriving commerce - but that was 150 years ago.

Ye cannie  help but admire Wonder Woman.

Yep. Pretty much sums up the blissful ignorance of your common garden weegie.

Close thread.

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Location- Dundee but presumably from Ayrshire. Not sure you're qualified to give anyone a lesson on addicts.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Yep. Pretty much sums up the blissful ignorance of your common garden weegie.

Close thread.

I don't have an opinion on Ayr or its people. You are utterly irrelevant to me.

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

You're quite clearly describing Dundee there - which is why it has been practically cut off from the rest of the nation and left to rot; in stark contrast to Scotland's export capital and leading tourist port. 

An Ayr United fan who then chose to live in a teuchter town though: you really did miss out in the lottery of life. 

See when you meet Americans on holiday, and about 95% of them suddenly want to claim Scottish heritage once they find out you're from Scotland.

Thats what a lot of the people slagging Glasgow on here seem to be like - a hell of a lot also want to highlight family they have who either still are, or originate from, the city.

4 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

See when you meet Americans on holiday, and about 95% of them suddenly want to claim Scottish heritage once they find out you're from Scotland.

Thats what a lot of the people slagging Glasgow on here seem to be like - a hell of a lot also want to highlight family they have who either still are, or originate from, the city.

It's just to let you know we share your pain. You're not alone.

20 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

As addictions go, that wouldn't be the worst...

Archived