Glaswegians

Just now, Kejan said:

*OFF TOPIC* apologies.

Where does Teuchterville begin for central belt/west coasters? I was referred to as a Teuchter at the weekend and I'm from outside Dundee

If you have to go through the main Queen Street tunnel to get there, its in Teuchterdom. 

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Kejan said:

*OFF TOPIC* apologies.

Where does Teuchterville begin for central belt/west coasters? I was referred to as a Teuchter at the weekend and I'm from outside Dundee, basically sound like Christian Dailly - refined, polite-ish Dundonian-ish but not that broad - the other one called me ALBA. They didn't seem to know anything outside Glasgow and we're all Teuchters from Falkirk upwards :)

Then got chatting to an American from Rhode Island who had been studying in Scotland for 4 years and said that people from Dundee/Angus and Glasgow/west coast ''sound the most Scottish even if the two accents are too similar'' Is that true for you too? I was a bit baffled by it ; but he seemed a nice man.

I do like Glasgow though, half my family are from there and find the people can be both incredibly charming and/or angry ; sometimes at the same time. The people are definitely more chatty in my experience as well compared to the likes of Aberdeen, Perth, Edinburgh etc.

I'm sure there's more Teuchters in Glasgow than anywhere else in Scotland.

1 minute ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Mate you're from Greenock.  Two things.  By your standards you're a teuchter,

Well no, because you don't use the Queen Street tunnel - or Queen Street at all - to get there from Scotland's only credible city. Swing and a miss.

and you can't ever call anywhere else a shithole.

I quite clearly can, particularly when just a few pages ago you were laughably tipping Dundee as a 'fantastic place for a long weekend'. I was there just last month for a few days when the Greenock Galacticos were swording the 'biggest team in Tayside': it's still a fucking bin. The Clyde Riviera shits all over Dundee from a great height on a regular basis. 

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Does greenock even have a train station? I thought they knocked it down to build a bigger chemist.

Greater Greenock has more of them than anywhere in Scotland other than Glasgow - forming the transport backbone of our fine metropolis. While you have to traipse down from your schemes to 'the station' in your one horse teuchter town. 

These are also facts. 

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Well no, because you don't use the Queen Street tunnel - or Queen Street at all - to get there from Scotland's only credible city. Swing and a miss.

I quite clearly can, particularly when just a few pages ago you were laughably tipping Dundee as a 'fantastic place for a long weekend'. I was there just last month for a few days when the Greenock Galacticos were swording the 'biggest team in Tayside': it's still a fucking bin. The Clyde Riviera shits all over Dundee from a great height on a regular basis. 

Lol.  Mate my dad's from gourock, I know Greenock.  You can't call anywhere a shithole.  My grant lived in Antigua court.  

And if you consider anything that far north of Glasgow teuchter Greenock is 30 miles west and south, making you one too.

4 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Lol.  Mate my dad's from gourock, I know Greenock.  You can't call anywhere a shithole.  My grant lived in Antigua court.  

And if you consider anything that far north of Glasgow teuchter Greenock is 30 miles west and south, making you one too.

Shocked at yet another whopper from yourself. Did you Skype Ronaldo from Antigua court?

Boring Walter mitty fantasist, better change your big as i presume you are dribbling

2 minutes ago, Finch road said:

Shocked at yet another whopper from yourself. Did you Skype Ronaldo from Antigua court?

Boring Walter mitty fantasist, better change your big as i presume you are dribbling

Lol.  I never lived there can you read?  You could watch games at cappielow from her kitchen window.

Archived