Glaswegians

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This reminds me of a Kevin Bridges bit where he says Glasgow was voted the most violent city in the UK and the friendliest city in the U.K. in the same week.  “They might stab you, but they’ll give you directions to the hospital”.

2 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

To quote Kevin Bridges, Glasgow was named the UK’s friendliest city in the same week it was named Scotland’s murder capital. You may get stabbed, but you’ll also get directions to the hospital.

I know a delivery driver from Ayr who arrives at my home around 7am while my girlfriend is still sleeping  and starts swearing about his employers before he's even reached the front door. It's not easy dealing with these people.
What the fucking f**k is this?

Ayr is over 30 miles from Glasgow. Don't get me wrong, we've got our own issues (itzdrk for example) but don't lump is in with this shite.

15 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Perhaps Edinburgh is safer than Glasgow cause everyone is too busy playing rugby and voting to be another countrys bitch.

...and having homosexual penetration with folk of the same sex.    Which of course is currently perfectly fine and has been acceptable since 1980 although guidelines may change in the future.   

9 minutes ago, throbber said:

People in Edinburgh / within a 30 mile radius of the city are hardly perfect either.

Wtf :lol:

Shout out to the weegie banter where everything's great as long as you join in with them laughing at their own jokes when they're being overly familiar with you. 

Both my parents are from Glasgow. Indeed they were born in the same hospital in Glasgow. On the same day. My mum's side were all from Glasgow and still live there (she has 3 brothers, two of whom are Sevco fans and one of whom is a Patrick fan). My old man's side are actually from Shetland but were living in Glasgow at the time (they moved back to Shetland then back to Glasgow then his parents moved to Shetland). He has two brothers, one of whom lives in Shetland and the other in Canada. Neither are football fans. My dad used to go to Clydebank and Partick games when he was younger then took me to Pars games but he's more of a rugby fan. All irrelevant information. Basically what I was driving at is that all the family I have from Glasgow are sound (apart from two cousins).

My older brother was born in Glasgow as well but by the time I came along they were living in Rosyth (old man was in the navy), so I was born in Dunfermline.

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Both my parents are from Glasgow. Indeed they were born in the same hospital in Glasgow. On the same day. My mum's side were all from Glasgow and still live there (she has 3 brothers, two of whom are Sevco fans and one of whom is a Patrick fan). My old man's side are actually from Shetland but were living in Glasgow at the time (they moved back to Shetland then back to Glasgow then his parents moved to Shetland). He has two brothers, one of whom lives in Shetland and the other in Canada. Neither are football fans. My dad used to go to Clydebank and Partick games when he was younger then took me to Pars games but he's more of a rugby fan. All irrelevant information. Basically what I was driving at is that all the family I have from Glasgow are sound (apart from two cousins).

My older brother was born in Glasgow as well but by the time I came along they were living in Rosyth (old man was in the navy), so I was born in Dunfermline.

0.jpg

I find most Glaswegians absolutely fine, but Glaswegian exceptionalism is a totally different matter - that is v. v. irritating IMO. 

I agree with this.

They're generally just like anywhere else - but there's more than a faint whiff of superiority in a lot of the chat.

Proper centre of the universe stuff.

Archived