Queens v Pars

On 19/02/2018 at 11:48, Shandon Par said:

If we play the miracle back four + keeper (Robinson, Williamson, M'Voto, Ashcroft, Talbot) who have never conceded a goal we should chalk up the "Queens 0" part. Sadly, Robinson being in goals for us means he's not in goal for Queens, which means they may have a keeper capable of saving those deft Nicky Clark 40 yard headers. 0-0. 

What a lunatic,ha

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game could be ideal for Pottsy to wheel out his old random team selector. We've enough players to field two and a half teams so some random selector is probably the fairest way to keep them happy. The killer cow replacing Wedderburn could add a bit of pace to the midfield or maybe play him in goal ahead of Robinson. 

The Cavens Arms is one of the best pubs in town. Wins awards for real ale every year and the food is excellent.
Brunos is a good Italian but a mile or so out of town centre. Bit dated in decor but always a good meal. La Dolce Vita is a much newer restaurant in the town centre but equally good in quality.  I doubt you will be able to get a table in either one on a Saturday night without having booked in advance. Not convinced they wont be fully booked already to be honest. 
There is another Italian in the Dock Park in the Town Centre too. Pizzeria Il Fiume now trading as Little Italy. It's good too.
As already said, as good as the Steamboat may be (I havent been in it in years but it changed ownership a short while back and seems to be highly rated), it's miles outside Dumfries. It would be like staying in Dunfermline and going to Kirkcaldy for a meal.

Bit misleading as the award is only for Dumfries and Stewart area which isn't really much of a competition. And they haven't won it every year since 2012. Too busy on a Saturday and it's frowned upon if more than 8 away fans go in, can't make noise or have a laugh. Palmerston Cafe and then to Market Square is where it's at, can't go wrong.

15 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

What's Todorov done to merit a start before Ferguson?

I thought Ferguson looked good last week, played well with his back to goal but Todorov with his brief cameo showed that he, at the moment, will probably have a bigger impact. I'd be happy for Ferguson continue his development with appearances from the bench.

I thought Ferguson looked good last week, played well with his back to goal but Todorov with his brief cameo showed that he, at the moment, will probably have a bigger impact. I'd be happy for Ferguson continue his development with appearances from the bench.

And a loan player to get more game time which means that one of own has his development held back? No thanks.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

1 hour ago, QoS_1919 said:

And a loan player to get more game time which means that one of own has his development held back? No thanks.

While we still have at least a hope of getting into the playoff then I'd prefer us to put out our most effective team.

While we still have at least a hope of getting into the playoff then I'd prefer us to put out our most effective team.

And you know that Todorov starting before Ferguson would be our most effective team how? Can't just drop the boy after he's had a decent run of games and played well because another player had a decent 15 minutes at the end of a game.

11 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

And you know that Todorov starting before Ferguson would be our most effective team how? Can't just drop the boy after he's had a decent run of games and played well because another player had a decent 15 minutes at the end of a game.

Todarov is a far more experienced player and should be starting the same as Thomas + Thomson infront of our  inexperienced young players.

A was meaning Thomson infront of Bell when Jacobs was injured as example.

How many games has Bell started? Did he get a run of games where he played well, scored and assisted a couple of goals like Ferguson? Bit of a difference there.
You said Todorov should start before Ferguson because he's more experienced, so in that case Rankin starts before any other play in midfield.
By going on what you're saying then that would mean in midfield, Rankin over Jacobs/Thomas/Thomson and them 3 over Bell. Because, you know, experience.

1 hour ago, QoS_1919 said:

Can't just drop the boy after he's had a decent run of games and played well because another player had a decent 15 minutes at the end of a game.

Think you'll find Naysmith has form with this.

That's exactly  what he did with the far more experienced and Club legend Derek Lyle.

He was scoring and contributing to overall team performance but was then axed from the team.

Using your logic, Lyle - if fit - should start in front of both Todorov and Ferguson.

That's certainly what I would like to see but I guess this will be yet another match that  " will come too soon " for Del.

I suspect that will apply to the majority of remaining matches this season.

If Fergusson is playing well and not done anything wrong he should start with Dobbie and get a good partnership going bare in mind next season as well (next season is not important now but no harm in trying to find a winning partnership now). Todorov should for me come on to change the game for me or if Fergusson is not suited to a certain gameplan. 

Drop Rankin.

That is my logic, Nithsdale Wanderer. When Lyle was fit and playing well then he should be playing before any other striker.
I agree with Doonhamer doon south with it suiting a certain game plan on who he chooses to play.
But imo I feel like we've had the same game plan all season and if that's the case then for me Ferguson has to start before Todorov.
Watch this, Todorov will start before Ferguson tomorrow and score a couple of goals and I'll eat my words.

Archived