Queens v Pars

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

Makes sense...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I've not got much more to go on.

Ferguson linked up well when the ball was played into his feet with back to goal. For me Todorov looked like he could do the same but added an aerial presence and willingness to turn and go at the defence.

I don't think Todorov did an awful lot on Saturday past to merit a start.  The only thing of note I remember was a shot from about 30 yards out when he had better options.  I'd much prefer we were developing our own player rather than one that belongs to Hearts.

That being said, playing Fergusson all the time might not necessarily be the best way to develop him.  Naysmith mentioned not "burning him out" in his post-match interview.  As others have mentioned there isn't much point in bringing in Todorov if we don't plan using him.

Dykes is a better option than either of them, but due to a lack of alternatives on the left-wing, or more accurately an unwillingness from the manager to try other options, that won't happen.

Same team as Saturday for me, assuming Thomson isn't fit.

Sorry but u just can't see what Ferguson brings to the team.

Todorov had to start on Saturday he is nowhere near as good as Kane but surely better than Ferguson right now.

Ferguson will get plenty game next season when we will have to play the young players but what is the point of signing someone on loan and not playing him 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Manager_on_Thursday_&ID=10477

AJ.. "One of the areas we're short in numbers is the middle of the park". We could field two teams plus subs yet we're short on numbers? 

Was more confused by this comment tbh:

recently we have been really unlucky not to win games

27 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Todorov had to start on Saturday he is nowhere near as good as Kane but surely better than Ferguson right now.

Ferguson will get plenty game next season when we will have to play the young players but what is the point of signing someone on loan and not playing him 

A goal and three assists in four starts so far.

Gary talks about over using players.I like Fergusson but I'd start Todorov tomorrow 

Also,after the St mirren game there was a rant about players letting him down and that there would be changes.Could this possibly have been aimed towards Rooney and Thomson?  Could've just been injured though.

53 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Kenny-esque delusions. “Y’know, we’d a beaten Hamilton y’know, if they hadn’t gone an’ scored the five goals when they did”.

I can't stand when people start talking about bad luck. You have 90+ minutes to win a game of football; it's not decided because you didn't get a break in once singular incident.

I'm sure he means the Dundee United game but we barely tested their keeper, despite dominating the match. That's not bad luck.

What a load of crap.

We need to deliver some big results starting today. With Morton in a strong position we now need to go all out for wins and try and pull back the deficit. Hopefully United will stick with Csaba as there is an outside chance that with him at the helm they might just continue in "freefall".

Hopefully we can win today and go to Tannadice with a positive attitude on Tuesday. Positive being the operative word between now and end of season.

Season can probably go one of two ways for us now:-

- team makes an exciting concerted push for top 4
- or we can drift away tamely

Hopefully the former.

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

We need to deliver some big results starting today. With Morton in a strong position we now need to go all out for wins and try and pull back the deficit. Hopefully United will stick with Csaba as there is an outside chance that with him at the helm they might just continue in "freefall".

Hopefully we can win today and go to Tannadice with a positive attitude on Tuesday. Positive being the operative word between now and end of season.

Season can probably go one of two ways for us now:-

- team makes an exciting concerted push for top 4
- or we can drift away tamely

Hopefully the former.

Yes, we've failed  to win too many games like this, especially at home, with last week's match a prime example.  

Two wins in the next few days would suddenly make things look hopeful.  Throw in a defeat or a couple of draws though and our season probably fizzles away.

Unless we can put together some victories very soon, the subsequent games aren't likely to have a lot of significance for us, provided of course that we don't embark on one of those Hellish runs that the last couple of seasons have managed to feature at some point.

Yes, we've failed  to win too many games like this, especially at home, with last week's match a prime example.  
Two wins in the next few days would suddenly make things look hopeful.  Throw in a defeat or a couple of draws though and our season probably fizzles away.
Unless we can put together some victories very soon, the subsequent games aren't likely to have a lot of significance for us, provided of course that we don't embark on one of those Hellish runs that the last couple of seasons have managed to feature at some point.

Yes you are right. Last week was a typical example of why we are coming up short.

We really struggle to win these games even when we play well and are in the ascendancy. Hopefully this will change starting today.

Archived