Ayr Utd vs Airdrie

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Football team or football club, pretty much interchangeable terminology I feel so it appears that only someone as pedantic as yourself is confused by it.

Regardless of how reasonable you think it would be to assume I was referring to the individual people forming part of the collective you'd be wrong which proves the old adage of never making assumptions. You know exactly the difference between an organisation (that could be a club or team lest you were left confused again) and the people making up the same organisation. I can make the distinction between the two so I'm entirely certain that you can also.

Maybe you're trying just a little too hard.

You've got yourself into such a pickle here that by now you must be wishing you hadn't made that initial post.

Don't worry, I'm going to let you off the hook now, you've suffered enough.

6 hours ago, Varna Rover said:

Not wanting to interfer in your thread but the official definition of a club is "" a association for a common cause."" and no i am not being pedantic here.

What's wrong with pedantry ? For example, I like to point out that interfere has an e on the end of it.

I didn't realise there was an 'official' definition of a club. Which official definition are you quoting ? Oxford English ? Cambridge ? Webster's ? Chambers ?

I'm quite comfortable with the definition I used but thanks for your valued contribution.

2 minutes ago, Cutty Old said:

What's wrong with pedantry ? For example, I like to point out that interfere has an e on the end of it.

I didn't realise there was an 'official' definition of a club. Which official definition are you quoting ? Oxford English ? Cambridge ? Webster's ? Chambers ?

I'm quite comfortable with the definition I used but thanks for your valued contribution.

Mate, you're a fucking knob.

Geggan & Bell were immense today I thought, especially Bell who seems to have settled right in fairly quickly. Running out of superlatives for Shankland, he's just too good.

Surprised no one was sent off today, certainly seemed like it was heading that way toward the end.

Really poor first half with Airdrie the better team without creating any real chances. We will need to improve big time in the second half

Without having been there it looks like there was either the big time improvement from you, a massive change in fortune or we fell away in the second half.

Or perhaps all three.

Without having been there it looks like there was either the big time improvement from you, a massive change in fortune or we fell away in the second half.

Or perhaps all three.

We improved considerably. But Airdrie we're alright and 3-nil flattered us a bit. However, we can take chances and you guys squandered yours.

Or perhaps all three.

This ayr team are very adept at playing shit but somehow banging in goals (quite often in quick succession).

It's our thing.

Bell MoTM for me. In the two games he’s been at centre half we’ve not conceded and we look harder to score against.

I’m sorry but Moore and Shankland up front just doesn’t work. Moffat has to play as he’s the best at creating chance out of very little.

Kerr and Boyle were poor throughout and Doc should start games from now on alongside Adams. If Ferguson is capable of playing LB then I’d put him there as well.

All in all a very solid win. Onwards to Arbroath.

Really had to step at half time for that win, impressed with the tenacity and work rate of airdrie, if they had a cutting edge today it would have been game over at half time. Thanks to the shank again.

by the way Ayr directors  take note airdrie directors mixing  talking and shaking hands of their support for the backing at the bowling club before the game, think our directors might take note and find out where the Ayr away support go before the game when away and thank them for the great away backing they get every away game

1 hour ago, Cutty Old said:

Inappropriately  pompous.

Bell MoTM for me. In the two games he’s been at centre half we’ve not conceded and we look harder to score against.

I’m sorry but Moore and Shankland up front just doesn’t work. Moffat has to play as he’s the best at creating chance out of very little.

Kerr and Boyle were poor throughout and Doc should start games from now on alongside Adams. If Ferguson is capable of playing LB then I’d put him there as well.

All in all a very solid win. Onwards to Arbroath.

Don't agree with this. Bell played well but Adams MOTM for me. Moffat was really poor when he came on. I also thought Kerr had a good solid game.

11 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Don't agree with this. Bell played well but Adams MOTM for me. Moffat was really poor when he came on. I also thought Kerr had a good solid game.

Moffat may have been poor by his standards but a poor Moffat is much better than Moore at present. I thought Adams did well but Shankland was man of the match, a total class above.

Still to be convinced by Kerr he seems like a slow Docherty to me. Also not convinced with leaving him back when we are attacking corners he didnt look good at stopping quick breakaways (as often seems to be the case with our corners).

Archived