Ayr Utd vs Airdrie

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clubs do not equate to people ? Seriously ?
I feel very fortunate to have someone as well informed as you to help me with my comprehension. Nevertheless, I feel compelled to point out the definition of a club for clarity in this debate;
'A club is an organisation of people interested in a particular activity or subject who usually meet on a regular basis' 
The Rangers and Celtic fans are undoubtedly an integral part of their respective clubs and also a ' collective of people'.  I think it's reasonable to assume that you were referring to them. 
Let me ask you one more thing: Did you make a mistake in your original post when you referred to 'teams' or is it actually the players you hate ? It's just that you changed the term to 'clubs' in your later post.
If there is one thing that is certain from your comments it is that you most certainly have expressed a hatred of 'collectives of people'. That's why I pointed out the contradiction.
Maybe omit the bad language and concentrate on explaining who or what it is that you hate.  You seem very confused.
Now, go and reflect on your comments and try a little harder next time. 

Football team or football club, pretty much interchangeable terminology I feel so it appears that only someone as pedantic as yourself is confused by it.

Regardless of how reasonable you think it would be to assume I was referring to the individual people forming part of the collective you'd be wrong which proves the old adage of never making assumptions. You know exactly the difference between an organisation (that could be a club or team lest you were left confused again) and the people making up the same organisation. I can make the distinction between the two so I'm entirely certain that you can also.

Maybe you're trying just a little too hard.

1 hour ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Football team or football club, pretty much interchangeable terminology I feel so it appears that only someone as pedantic as yourself is confused by it.

Regardless of how reasonable you think it would be to assume I was referring to the individual people forming part of the collective you'd be wrong which proves the old adage of never making assumptions. You know exactly the difference between an organisation (that could be a club or team lest you were left confused again) and the people making up the same organisation. I can make the distinction between the two so I'm entirely certain that you can also.

Maybe you're trying just a little too hard.

Total pish patter forum for this total pish patter please.

4-1 Ayr

Shankland with a 3rd minute, 100th goal, opener to start.

19 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

4-1 Ayr

Too complicated to follow for the likes of yourself ?

Ok 4-1Airdrie.

Ayr down to 9 players after 70 minutes.

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

4-1 Ayr

"Total pish patter forum for this total pish patter please"

Odds on , you're the wee boy with the tambourine.  You might get a pass on your Nat 5 music son, but I'd be worried with your English - stealing a word from your good self, you're  "pish" - as is your patter.

19 hours ago, Pride of Fife said:

I think the fact that Parkhead  had 20,000+ empty seats v St Johnstone at weekend and it’s the same most league games there these days that even their usually attending fans are getting bored of it! No wonder, too good for Scottish opponents who can’t compete mainly due to finance...and usually humped in Europe.

It’s horrible the amount of so called ‘fans’ in every town and City across the land of the the ugly sisters that could be attending their local teams’ games. The glory hunting muppets can’t even be arsed going to a game these days as all the empty seats mentioned above shows, what happened to all the ones 10/15 year ago on waiting lists desperate for a season ticket?! If even half of the people that claimed to support them went to the matches then Celtic Pk and Ibrox could sell out a 1,000,000 seater stadium each week. Makes me sad and it will just continue as these people have kids ...their kids have kids...and they all have it drummed in to them that they are to support said team..

Remember watching an interview online a year or two ago with a lifelong Man City fan who claims to have fallen out of love with the game since all the money appeared at his club...glory hunters appearing out the woodwork, atmosphere at matches changing to prawn sandwich style etc etc. I can sympathise with this totally.

Anyway, only came on to browse what was going on with this fixture before above rant, apologies, just boils ma piss so to speak.

Think Ayr will win, expect Ayr will win, hope Airdrie win, please Airdrie win, would settle for draw, ciao

First rate post .

12 hours ago, Roger Thornhill said:

"Total pish patter forum for this total pish patter please"

Odds on , you're the wee boy with the tambourine.  You might get a pass on your Nat 5 music son, but I'd be worried with your English - stealing a word from your good self, you're  "pish" - as is your patter.

"He shoots, but it's wide...."

Looks like Doc and Crawford will be in the squad today. Really want one to start in CM, really need something different to Adams and Kerr. I would probably go with Doc and Adams if I’m honest, would like to see:

Ruddy

Geggan Rose Bell Boyle

McDaid Docherty Adams Forrest 

Moore Shankland 

Subs: Hart, Fergusson, Reid, Kerr, Crawford, McGuffie, Moffat 

Stoll fancying 3-1 Ayr.

Looks like Doc and Crawford will be in the squad today. Really want one to start in CM, really need something different to Adams and Kerr. I would probably go with Doc and Adams if I’m honest, would like to see:
Ruddy
Geggan Rose Bell Boyle
Moore Shankland 
Stoll fancying 3-1 Ayr.
We have to trust the gaffer's call though. They can't be rushed if they're not ready.

By you're right, we do need them back.

If we could just eek out a win and give them a bit of time at the end to start the comeback.

On 2/23/2018 at 01:25, Cutty Old said:

Clubs do not equate to people ? Seriously ?

I feel very fortunate to have someone as well informed as you to help me with my comprehension. Nevertheless, I feel compelled to point out the definition of a club for clarity in this debate;

'A club is an organisation of people interested in a particular activity or subject who usually meet on a regular basis' 

The Rangers and Celtic fans are undoubtedly an integral part of their respective clubs and also a ' collective of people'.  I think it's reasonable to assume that you were referring to them. 

Let me ask you one more thing: Did you make a mistake in your original post when you referred to 'teams' or is it actually the players you hate ? It's just that you changed the term to 'clubs' in your later post.

If there is one thing that is certain from your comments it is that you most certainly have expressed a hatred of 'collectives of people'. That's why I pointed out the contradiction.

Maybe omit the bad language and concentrate on explaining who or what it is that you hate.  You seem very confused.

Now, go and reflect on your comments and try a little harder next time. 

Not wanting to interfer in your thread but the official definition of a club is "" a association for a common cause."" and no i am not being pedantic here.

37 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

We have to trust the gaffer's call though. They can't be rushed if they're not ready.

By you're right, we do need them back.

If we could just eek out a win and give them a bit of time at the end to start the comeback.

Wee message thing on Twitter this morning from him saying it’s good to have them back in the squad so thought both would at least make the bench today. Maybe wrong however.

33 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Ruddy

Geggan Rose Bell Boyle

Moore Shankland 

Stoll fancying 3-1 Ayr.

Would prefer Crawford to start out wide as he can defend as well as attack. Not so much for this game but to gain match fitness for next week. Forrest and McDaid have played well so don’t deserve to be dropped but still think we need more defensive balance in certain games to shield an average defence. 

12 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Would prefer Crawford to start out wide as he can defend as well as attack. Not so much for this game but to gain match fitness for next week. Forrest and McDaid have played well so don’t deserve to be dropped but still think we need more defensive balance in certain games to shield an average defence. 

Would agree, but think today it would make more sense for Doc to start in place of a centre mid than Crawford to start in place of Forrest out wide. Good to have these options back again. A freshness to the team may be pivotal for us in the run in.

44 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Would agree, but think today it would make more sense for Doc to start in place of a centre mid than Crawford to start in place of Forrest out wide. Good to have these options back again. A freshness to the team may be pivotal for us in the run in.

A freshness will help but more importantly having greater depth on the bench should mean good cover across the pitch and lessen McCalls wacky substitutions 

Archived