Ayr Utd vs Airdrie

3 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Cos Ayr is such a fucking delight clearly. Unlike you I don't hate teams apart from the bigots from Glasgow. I don't generalise a hatred of collectives of people either preferring instead to single out fuckwits such as yourself for my loathing. There are actually many decent Ayr fans, you're obviously just not one of them.

Did I touch a nerve?

Think I might have touched a nerve...

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

The voice of reason now- I don't hate any football supporters we are all United by our common love of the game and our teams!

Shitebag. 

Also I don’t feel connected in any way to Old Firm/Man Utd/Chelsea fans who in the main have solely chosen their team because they’re good and win things. I feel it’s a completely different experience supporting Ayr vs supporting the Old Firm, and personally I am incredibly glad that I don’t support a ‘big’ team.

5 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Shitebag. 

Also I don’t feel connected in any way to Old Firm/Man Utd/Chelsea fans who in the main have solely chosen their team because they’re good and win things. I feel it’s a completely different experience supporting Ayr vs supporting the Old Firm, and personally I am incredibly glad that I don’t support a ‘big’ team.

The other day a Rangers fan asked me what was the point of Airdrieonians since it's been ages since the team has won anything.

I don't hate any football team. Individuals can be utter dicks, but the football teams are only football teams and have not done anything to me personally. If people directed such strong feelings towards things that are worth feeling strongly about then the world might be a better place.

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I don't hate any football team. Individuals can be utter dicks, but the football teams are only football teams and have not done anything to me personally. If people directed such strong feelings towards things that are worth feeling strongly about then the world might be a better place.

You penned REPEAT with J.D.B. did you not?

5 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Name one hing that isn't hookers and/or cocaine

On 21/02/2018 at 19:13, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Read the words then try to comprehend them without jumping in with both feet. Clubs does not equate to people.

I've not mentioned a general hatred of Rangers or Celtic fans, as I know many decent ones on either side. But I can hate the fucking clubs and all the loathsome baggage they bring with them. Happy to have cleared up your lack of comprehension.

Clubs do not equate to people ? Seriously ?

I feel very fortunate to have someone as well informed as you to help me with my comprehension. Nevertheless, I feel compelled to point out the definition of a club for clarity in this debate;

'A club is an organisation of people interested in a particular activity or subject who usually meet on a regular basis' 

The Rangers and Celtic fans are undoubtedly an integral part of their respective clubs and also a ' collective of people'.  I think it's reasonable to assume that you were referring to them. 

Let me ask you one more thing: Did you make a mistake in your original post when you referred to 'teams' or is it actually the players you hate ? It's just that you changed the term to 'clubs' in your later post.

If there is one thing that is certain from your comments it is that you most certainly have expressed a hatred of 'collectives of people'. That's why I pointed out the contradiction.

Maybe omit the bad language and concentrate on explaining who or what it is that you hate.  You seem very confused.

Now, go and reflect on your comments and try a little harder next time. 

15 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Shitebag. 

I've often wondered how I'd feel in the highly, highly unlikely event that Ayr started winning things and became a 'big' club. I think it would become boring - imagine trotting along to Celtic Park every fortnight to watch your mega bucks, odds-stacked-massively-in-their-favour club trounce whatever lowly opposition was put in their way. And yet the big club fan somehow derives some enjoyment from this.

I think if Ayr ever got to that stage i'd stop watching football altogether, or find some other underdog to go and watch.

I think the fact that Parkhead  had 20,000+ empty seats v St Johnstone at weekend and it’s the same most league games there these days that even their usually attending fans are getting bored of it! No wonder, too good for Scottish opponents who can’t compete mainly due to finance...and usually humped in Europe.

It’s horrible the amount of so called ‘fans’ in every town and City across the land of the the ugly sisters that could be attending their local teams’ games. The glory hunting muppets can’t even be arsed going to a game these days as all the empty seats mentioned above shows, what happened to all the ones 10/15 year ago on waiting lists desperate for a season ticket?! If even half of the people that claimed to support them went to the matches then Celtic Pk and Ibrox could sell out a 1,000,000 seater stadium each week. Makes me sad and it will just continue as these people have kids ...their kids have kids...and they all have it drummed in to them that they are to support said team..

Remember watching an interview online a year or two ago with a lifelong Man City fan who claims to have fallen out of love with the game since all the money appeared at his club...glory hunters appearing out the woodwork, atmosphere at matches changing to prawn sandwich style etc etc. I can sympathise with this totally.

Anyway, only came on to browse what was going on with this fixture before above rant, apologies, just boils ma piss so to speak.

Think Ayr will win, expect Ayr will win, hope Airdrie win, please Airdrie win, would settle for draw, ciao

4 hours ago, touchedbymadness said:

I'm not sure we can trust Scott Stewart in this game.   He'll most likely have divided loyalties as he'll be signing for Ayr in the summer. 

Mental how rattled a throw away comment from callum-ayr has got you.

Archived