Ayr Utd vs Airdrie

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Dobba said:

Hope you've strengthened your cross bars this time. We must be due to really hump some team. I hope our guys have been watching the replay of that recent 6-1 slaughter to see how easy it is to score against them. 

Use some of the thickness from your skull ‘ya puddle drinker.

Looks like we are now as at close to full strength selection-wise as we will be this season.  I'd imagine Docherty will come back in (I presume for Jamie) and Crawford will get a bit of time from the bench. 

I think Moore looks less and less sharp in front of goal with the limited game time we are giving him and I would get him starting this one for Moff. 

LINEUP111519121492272.png

1 hour ago, The clean living guy said:

Ayr fans getting excited about playing Airdrie. Airdrie fans not caring about playing Ayr. Seems to be the general theme for these games. 

If we take a point I'd be be both suprised and pleased. 

We only get excited when we play big teams like Kilmarnock.

8 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

This banter is pish.  I'll check back on this thread once the result is in and the bragging rights are awarded.

Individual games are a success for an Airdrie fan rather than the collective results over the season. Tinpot material.

If we win on Saturday I genuinely wouldn’t class it as bragging rights christ :lol:

Individual games are a success for an Airdrie fan rather than the collective results over the season. Tinpot material.
If we win on Saturday I genuinely wouldn’t class it as bragging rights christ :lol:

You might not class it as such but I’m sure you won’t want to miss the opportunity if your team wins.

Also, failing to beat us this weekend will go some way to helping you lose out on the strategic bragging rights (with Raith) as well. Good luck on feigning indifference if that comes to pass.

Enjoy the game. I look forward to seeing whether it raises the quality of the banter on this thread.

Ayr are expected to win,  there's no real bragging rights to be won.  Airdrie are the underdogs,  anything we get is a bonus.   Pressure is all on Ayr.

The bigger picture,  Ayr may or may not go up this year,  Airdrie have finally won the lottery by getting rid of the destructive regimes.   We're now in a position where we'll be the envy of many supports,   not much more we can do about the "on the park" team at the moment but in general we are back.    Ayr  have their upper hand just now but we'll have our say for years to come.

52 minutes ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

Ayr are expected to win,  there's no real bragging rights to be won.  Airdrie are the underdogs,  anything we get is a bonus.   Pressure is all on Ayr.

The bigger picture,  Ayr may or may not go up this year,  Airdrie have finally won the lottery by getting rid of the destructive regimes.   We're now in a position where we'll be the envy of many supports,   not much more we can do about the "on the park" team at the moment but in general we are back.    Ayr  have their upper hand just now but we'll have our say for years to come.

I agree with the sentiment.  If we avoid relegation then, between that and the takeover of the club by (apparently) progressive owners, then I think we'll mostly all be happy with the targets that the club has hit this season.

That said - there do seem to be people in both supports who are placing a lot of significance on this result.  I'm sure it all adds to their enjoyment of the game.

I agree with the sentiment.  If we avoid relegation then, between that and the takeover of the club by (apparently) progressive owners, then I think we'll mostly all be happy with the targets that the club has hit this season.
That said - there do seem to be people in both supports who are placing a lot of significance on this result.  I'm sure it all adds to their enjoyment of the game.

Don't think there's any arrogance etc to say the result is more significant for Ayr than Airdrie. Airdrie look reasonably safe from the bottom two and probably unlikely to make 4th. The difference between winning and losing for Ayr is much higher as every point gained or lose over Raith is massive.

The fact it's Airdrie this week rather than East Fife last week doesn't make a huge amount of difference really.

Archived