Passion of the Scottish cup

kilsyth ranger

12 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

My friend, you have completely missed the point. The west Juniors can generate big games within it own structure, the LL can't which has to be wrong.

Its not me that has missed the point.

The game you are getting in a tizzy over was a CUP game and not a league game - it was nothing to do with the West Juniors it was the National CUP competition.

Against the games that can be generated in the actual Scottish Cup for LL, SoS, EoS and HL teams then last Saturdays game was nothing but an irrelevance.  Talbot are an irrelevance in Scottish football, so are Pollok and so are the other 150 or so Junior clubs. Kelty and Dalkeith have made themselves relevant - do other clubs have the balls to do so are will they be content to wither and die in the backwaters.

So you are throwing around your opinion without actually checking what the reality is ? What a bizarre way to behave.
My team has no entry without going to south of Scotland league which no west junior club will do until they make a West region for the pyramid it will continue to be a shambles I know if kelty win there league they go into lowland league where the winners play winners of highland league which is a closed shop for a chance to play bottom of league 2 and win promotion to football league. It will never be credible until you include the West jeezo the team sitting second in the lowland league don't even have there own ground so they should never be permitted to join sfl

5 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Its not me that has missed the point.

The game you are getting in a tizzy over was a CUP game and not a league game - it was nothing to do with the West Juniors it was the National CUP competition.

Against the games that can be generated in the actual Scottish Cup for LL, SoS, EoS and HL teams then last Saturdays game was nothing but an irrelevance.  Talbot are an irrelevance in Scottish football, so are Pollok and so are the other 150 or so Junior clubs. Kelty and Dalkeith have made themselves relevant - do other clubs have the balls to do so are will they be content to wither and die in the backwaters.

FFS, not only have you missed the point but you spout the Kelty/Dalkeith stuff again. It is not a viable option in the West, this is the point, Can you not see I'm attempting to forward ideas to make it better, you are just quoting the same intransigent cliched  stuff, backwater, dinosaurs and so on. What we have as a pyramid is not good at the moment, please concede that point. As for Talbot an irrelevance, they are the model of a part time club that most should look too, they would be an asset in any league. As would a number of West Junior clubs. 

Archived