Passion of the Scottish cup

kilsyth ranger

After watching the highlights of rob roy v linlithgow rose and Bonnyrigg rose v Beith makes u realise why u love the juniors so much , 2 games full off total passion and commitment , games that had everything and even if your own team isn't involved u can still appreciate all that went on , great adverts for the junior game .

My only gripe is by the time the final comes along both teams are knackerd from a long hard season an usualy gets played on plastic and we never get the showpiece it should be for our game .

Everyone knows my take on the whole pyramid debacle, but as the Talbot Pollok game kicked off on Saturday, weather was nice for a change, big crowd splendid setting I thought this is a scenario the LL could only dream of, why on earth would we leave this behind? So, if they are ever going to get the whole thing sorted, any positive move forward must start at the bottom, a vibrant non league which must have the Junior Cup, name and all. There is nothing to beat it! 

Everyone knows my take on the whole pyramid debacle, but as the Talbot Pollok game kicked off on Saturday, weather was nice for a change, big crowd splendid setting I thought this is a scenario the LL could only dream of, why on earth would we leave this behind? So, if they are ever going to get the whole thing sorted, any positive move forward must start at the bottom, a vibrant non league which must have the Junior Cup, name and all. There is nothing to beat it! 

If Talbot and pollok both joined the LL would they stop playing each other all of a sudden?

12 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

If Talbot and pollok both joined the LL would they stop playing each other all of a sudden?

In the 5th round of the Scottish yes. Look my point all along is that there is too much to lose for teams in the West. It needs sorted. 

2 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

For every match like that in the Juniors there’s another, at least, 1 or 2 at a makeshift park in the peeing rain. Big games are to be had at all levels. Stuart is right. If the top Juniors go, the same thing will happen in another tournament/league. You get carried away with all this romantic stuff, fella!

For every match like that in the Juniors there’s another, at least, 1 or 2 at a makeshift park in the peeing rain. Big games are to be had at all levels. Stuart is right. If the top Juniors go, the same thing will happen in another tournament/league. You get carried away with all this romantic stuff, fella!
There is no way any top west team will leave just now until they sort out a pyramid correctly there were 7 cracking junior cup games at weekend lowland league could only dream about that

Just now, classof2010 said:
22 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

There is no way any top west team will leave just now until they sort out a pyramid correctly there were 7 cracking junior cup games at weekend lowland league could only dream about that

I didn’t say they would, or even will. I’m just saying the fact that it was a big game this week,  isn’t reason in itself not to want change.

3 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

So an all in non league junior cup? I think you’re onto something

16 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Aye, perhaps your right JB, well aboot the romance, coz I was a new romantic! But looking round about at kick off on Saturday I, and about 1500 others, were thinking this is what it's all about. You and Stuart suggest that big games can be had at all levels, no one will convince me the LL, as it currently is, will get anything even close to that. I can't argue that there are not some low key games in the Juniors, but at its best, at the top you will be hard pressed to to convince clubs like Talbot or Pollok that what we have as a pyramid is worth serious consideration, which for me makes Stuart's point mute. I have openly stated that personally I have nothing against the principle of a pyramid, and Talbot in it would find their level. But what we have is not an alagamation of what's best in non league, far from it,  if it was and was created creatively and constructively big Junior clubs could be interested, but there is no incentive at this time. The guys that run run the pyramid have no idea how big these games are, subsequently no empathy and no idea what they could be missing. 

Aye, perhaps your right JB, well aboot the romance, coz I was a new romantic! But looking round about at kick off on Saturday I, and about 1500 others, were thinking this is what it's all about. You and Stuart suggest that big games can be had at all levels, no one will convince me the LL, as it currently is, will get anything even close to that. I can't argue that there are not some low key games in the Juniors, but at its best, at the top you will be hard pressed to to convince clubs like Talbot or Pollok that what we have as a pyramid is worth serious consideration, which for me makes Stuart's point mute. I have openly stated that personally I have nothing against the principle of a pyramid, and Talbot in it would find their level. But what we have is not an alagamation of what's best in non league, far from it,  if it was and was created creatively and constructively big Junior clubs could be interested, but there is no incentive at this time. The guys that run run the pyramid have no idea how big these games are, subsequently no empathy and no idea what they could be missing. 
1000 % agree there is always at least 2 or 3 games in a full west super league weekend that would outstrip anything the lowland league has to offer the pyramid as it is is a shambles you have a closed shop in the north and the east last 2 winners still in same league Kelty walk In played 17 won 17 over 100 goals scored conceded 7 do they get promoted now and to what league

24 minutes ago, classof2010 said:
46 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I imagine all of the teams in the Lowland League are dreaming about the Scottish Cup next season and maybe getting through and playing St Mirren or even Rangers or Celtic - games which would trump any tie in the Junior Cup and which would make Talbot v Pollok look like a Sunday morning kick about at the local rec. A top team in the West would be negligent to not consider the possibilities that are available to them.

If Pollok and Talbot need convincing then maybe its up to the rest of us to leave the dinosaurs behind.

11 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I didn’t say they would, or even will. I’m just saying the fact that it was a big game this week,  isn’t reason in itself not to want change.

JB, Talbot had Pollok on Saturday, two weeks ago Pollok in the league, before that Cumnock in the Scottish, before that Ladeside in the league. The West top flight is the best out there, it should be the catalist, given it's place, the blueprint. We all know that the LL was a fix up by ambitious clubs from EOSL, who no doubt will scoff at this post. However, there is absolutely no doubt that for any pyramid to have any credibility the big hitters from the west Juniors have to be in it. But don't take the Junior cup away from them, make it inclusive, bet we would see some positive movement then. 

2 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

1000 % agree there is always at least 2 or 3 games in a full west super league weekend that would outstrip anything the lowland league has to offer the pyramid as it is is a shambles you have a closed shop in the north and the east last 2 winners still in same league Kelty walk In played 17 won 17 over 100 goals scored conceded 7 do they get promoted now and to what league

Have you actually fact checked?

I suspect not.

I imagine all of the teams in the Lowland League are dreaming about the Scottish Cup next season and maybe getting through and playing St Mirren or even Rangers or Celtic - games which would trump any tie in the Junior Cup. A top team in the West would be negligent to not consider the possibilities that are available to them.
If Pollok and Talbot need convincing then maybe its up to the rest of us to leave the dinosaurs behind.
Yeah and if they draw a beith or a glenafton dreaming is all they would be doing it's piss poor standard and there is no incentive for any west team not just Talbot or pollok there is a lot of big clubs in the West who would look at current set up and give it a bodyswerve

3 minutes ago, Jason King said:

I imagine all of the teams in the Lowland League are dreaming about the Scottish Cup next season and maybe getting through and playing St Mirren or even Rangers or Celtic - games which would trump any tie in the Junior Cup and which would make Talbot v Pollok look like a Sunday morning kick about at the local rec. A top team in the West would be negligent to not consider the possibilities that are available to them.

My friend, you have completely missed the point. The west Juniors can generate big games within it own structure, the LL can't which has to be wrong. Yes big games against SPL sides are exciting, of course they are, I will never forget Talbot at Tyncastle. But the pyramid has to have the ability to create healthy competition and exciting games at non league level. We need a system that creates a vibrant non league scene first and formost the rest will take care of itself. Referring to clubs like Talbot and Pollok as dinosaurs is blinkered, having them in a pyramid would be a huge boost. But you won't get them with the blinkers on.  

18 minutes ago, classof2010 said:
25 minutes ago, Jason King said:
Have you actually fact checked?
I suspect not.

I have no interest in the pyramid as teams from my area have no direct entry to it if you don't think it's a shambles enlighten me

So you are throwing around your opinion without actually checking what the reality is ? What a bizarre way to behave.

Archived