Aberdeen v Celtic

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of the result in Russia on Thursday we need to field as close to a full strength team as possible for this, Aberdeen and The Rangers could both be within six points at close of play next weekend should we lose here.

Hopefully N'tcham will be back in the starting line up, aside from Forrest he has been my player of the season so far, could be doing with Griffiths and Roberts being available if not for this one ASAP after it as we seem to lack ideas when Sinclair and Dembele arent firing which has been all to prevalent of late.

Its been a strange season thus far for the Dandies to this outsider, other than the games v ourselves and the **** they have been very good it appears but have shat the bed big time in the five meetings with those two, zero points from fifteen is frankly ridiculous, even a couple of wins in those fixtures would have them neck and neck with us. Cant help but feel they will surely break that mini hoodoo against one or both of us before the end of the season but, from a Celtic perspective we can ill afford it here, a handful of sloppy performances this season have meant this seasons title is by no means the formality many assumed it would be.

Not going to predict a score here given how unpredictable both sides have been of late but I do fancy both teams to score.

Guest Bob Mahelp

RaSellik did their normal half-arsed sleep walking into a 0-0 draw shite that they often do against the likes of St Johnstone, Killie and the rest when they can't really be all that bothered stretching themselves because it's all too.....yawn.....easy. 

Regardless of the result in Russia, their minds will always be focussed for games against Aberdeen and the other arse cheek.

As far as I'm aware, we're Shinnie-less next week. Given our 2nd half capitulation yesterday, and given how often we get absolutely ridden by Celtic even when we're playing well, anyone that predicts anything less than 3 or 4-0 to Celtic deserves to be committed.

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

RaSellik did their normal half-arsed sleep walking into a 0-0 draw shite that they often do against the likes of St Johnstone, Killie and the rest when they can't really be all that bothered stretching themselves because it's all too.....yawn.....easy. 

Regardless of the result in Russia, their minds will always be focussed for games against Aberdeen and the other arse cheek.

As far as I'm aware, we're Shinnie-less next week. Given our 2nd half capitulation yesterday, and given how often we get absolutely ridden by Celtic even when we're playing well, anyone that predicts anything less than 3 or 4-0 to Celtic deserves to be committed.

I understand your pessimism given previous results and performances v Celtic but there is not a cat in hells chance of us winning 3 or 4 nil.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Flybhoy said:

I understand your pessimism given previous results and performances v Celtic but there is not a cat in hells chance of us winning 3 or 4 nil.

It'll be 3-0 after around 15 minutes. 

I'll be in the golf club after that looking at P&B for updates. 

Our best hope of getting any sort of positive result is that Celtic are suffering from a European hangover, or that complacency edges into their play having beaten us with relative ease on two occasions already this season. Even then, it will be a tough ask. 

I would hope O'Connor is replaced by Arnason, even though Arnason's lack of pace is a concern and he struggled in the earlier defeat at Pittodrie. Although he didn't really make an impression in the second half yesterday, I'd also hope May starts ahead of Rooney as this game is more suited to his abilities outside the box - in previous games against Celtic over the last couple of seasons, Rooney has essentially been a passenger for the majority of his time on the pitch, and that isn't a luxury you can afford against the best team in the country. 

Christie and Shinnie will both be big misses, but especially Shinnie. Christie, as much as I'd rather have him playing, hasn't always turned up in the 'big' games since arriving at Aberdeen, and we arguably have players - McGinn, possibly Mackay-Steven and McLean on their good days - capable of providing similar sparks of flair. Shinnie, on the other hand, is arguably our most influential player and thus extremely difficult to replace, for his fight, tenacity and quality. It's no coincidence that the two games we have lost other than to Celtic and Rangers in the league, Hibs and Motherwell, we have been Shinnie-less. 

1-3. 

Never do like it when we have had a bad defeat as the Aberdeen fans really do get so pessimistic about things - win 2 in a row and we are Brazil :) 

We need to put a marker down with Celtic as results have been disgraceful - saying that the last performance at Pittodrie is the best I've seen Celtic for many a year and don't think there was a lot we could have done that day.

I'm the opposite way of thinking, Celtic are not the same levels of last season and they have a long trip to Russia which I hope goes into Extra Time.  So with that way of thinking we have a good chance of finally getting a result against them. I also think we will not play as bad as we did against Hibs for 60 minutes. 

Up the Dons! 

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, betting competition said:

Never do like it when we have had a bad defeat as the Aberdeen fans really do get so pessimistic about things - win 2 in a row and we are Brazil :) 

We need to put a marker down with Celtic as results have been disgraceful - saying that the last performance at Pittodrie is the best I've seen Celtic for many a year and don't think there was a lot we could have done that day.

I'm the opposite way of thinking, Celtic are not the same levels of last season and they have a long trip to Russia which I hope goes into Extra Time.  So with that way of thinking we have a good chance of finally getting a result against them. I also think we will not play as bad as we did against Hibs for 60 minutes. 

Up the Dons! 

I admire your optimism Sir.

However, given that we're missing our 2 (3?) most influential players, and given the damage Celtic have caused to us (in virtually first gear) over the last couple of years, you would have to be borderline nuts to think we'll get a result against them.

I can't begin to think how our porous defence will keep them out, and given that they've overran consistently our midfield even with Shinnie in it, who's going to be replacing him ?

Come to think of it, I can't even begin to contemplate how our midfield will look on Sunday. It's too frightening.

Guest Bob Mahelp

4 golden rules for Sunday :

Rule 1 - Try not to give away a goal in the first 10 minutes.

Rule 2 - If Rule 1 goes oot the windae, try not to conceded a second and then a third goal within the next 5 minutes.

Rule 3 - Try and have an iota of self and collective belief. Try not to be shitbag pussies.

Rule 4 - Try and remember Rules 1 to 3.

Archived