shite badges

Herman Hessian

3 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

jesus - would have made a whole lot more sense if i hadn't deleted the rest of that post (duh !) which said:

it was a combination of the morris badge and the viking head that appeared on high-end rover cars of the day that provided both the elements of the badge

aa_Rover%201060%20badge.jpg

I'm with you.  Choosing not to go with 6-0 in the badge was probably the best decision though!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/19/2018 at 10:28, ShaggysBeard said:

Always thought this looks a bit germanic type thing. Bit shitey.

airdrie_united_badge2.png

Aaraus badge reminds me of this, which is a pity:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBrSD4hVmUuIh4t0ziG4f

Most of the Swiss efforts are fairly bland. The Luzern and the Schaffhausen badges annoy me though, and I don't know why.

FCS:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR297MjLVF0hRPJVoIj0DL

FCL:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQE19G92czRJT_6LYq7YB2

On Monday, February 19, 2018 at 12:54, tamthebam said:

kilmarnock.png.4eb57d2500a73e1589ee08a1f925bd34.png

Kilmarnock's badge, like a lot of football clubs, comes from the town crest:

"The arms were officially granted on September 18, 1929.

Kilmarnock was created a Burgh of Barony in 1591-92.

The arms are based on the device on the Burgh seal, which shows the arms of Boyd, Earl of Kilmarnock. The field has been made purple instead of blue and the fess chequy gold/green instead of silver/red. The unique squirrel supporters of Boyd have been retained.

The second motto "Virtute et Industria" has been taken from one of the Burgh seals and replaces "Gold berry", a motto used by the Boyds to commemorate a victory by Robert Boyd over the Norsemen in 1263 at Gold berry Hill near Largs.

It is fairly certain, however, that the gold and green colours in the fess, which were a local suggestion, are intended as a direct allusion to the name "Gold berry".

The Latin mottoes mean "I trust" and "By virtue and by industry"

The old Killie badge resembled the town crest more, unfortunately the Lord Lyon had words and it had to be changed...

75b7dbaa24909132389baff996062746--footba

i like this version of the killie badge - the squirrels are like really mental, slavering, rabid 28 Days Later squirrels who'd bite your face off and drag your body up a tree to feast on the entrails - rather than some fluffy, Tufty Club style shite....

and why do some versions have four fingers and some (most) two - is it a reference to the 4-2 ayrshire derby victory in 1934 ?

not so sure about the way the ends of the scrolls have been drawn though - makes it look as if they have flatworms wriggling out of their arseholes....

430a.gif

On 19/02/2018 at 09:28, ShaggysBeard said:

Wasp on the steroids...

Alloa_Athletic_FC_logo.png

Didn't someone on here find out that the Wasp in Alloa's badge was the exact same as a US College football team's?

1 hour ago, Dave1875 said:

Didn't someone on here find out that the Wasp in Alloa's badge was the exact same as a US College football team's?

there's a couple that are similar - not sure about an identical one though...

Georgia Tech:

GeorgiaTech_YellowJackets_buzz_logo_web.jpg

juab-logo.jpg

Alloa should've stuck with the first draft, anyway IMO...

funky_farm_honey_bee_button-rc7939610711

On 21/02/2018 at 09:08, Herman Hessian said:

i like this version of the killie badge - the squirrels are like really mental, slavering, rabid 28 Days Later squirrels who'd bite your face off and drag your body up a tree to feast on the entrails - rather than some fluffy, Tufty Club style shite....

and why do some versions have four fingers and some (most) two - is it a reference to the 4-2 ayrshire derby victory in 1934 ?

not so sure about the way the ends of the scrolls have been drawn though - makes it look as if they have flatworms wriggling out of their arseholes....

430a.gif

No idea why the hand ever had four fingers raised on the club crest. The original comes from the Boyd family crest as the Boyd's were the Earls of Kilmarnock. The hand was a religious nod and represented the hand of benediction, Lord Boyd was a member of the Jacobite uprising. 

Our old and new Club badge!!!
IMG_3151.jpg
The old one needs updated a bit, shield shape in particular, but it has more historical connections and looks a bit decent compared to the clip art feel of the current one we have, a football and a Scotland flag, not too much effort used there!!!
Bring Back The Thane!!!

there's a couple that are similar - not sure about an identical one though...

Georgia Tech:

GeorgiaTech_YellowJackets_buzz_logo_web.jpg

juab-logo.jpg

Alloa should've stuck with the first draft, anyway IMO...

funky_farm_honey_bee_button-rc7939610711c41989b6498963ae966cf_k94rk_324.jpg?rlvnet=1

Wrong university.

I present the university of Wisconsin- superior

IMG_1134.jpg.d5d55646ed071c267c1014849dd6462b.jpgIMG_1133.jpg.986135cd0442d014a4e2b7b91c83eae1.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg.1ea0a4e359daae49d5786811076e2dd9.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

7 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Our old and new Club badge!!!
IMG_3151.jpg
The old one needs updated a bit, shield shape in particular, but it has more historical connections and looks a bit decent compared to the clip art feel of the current one we have, a football and a Scotland flag, not too much effort used there!!!
Bring Back The Thane!!!

Some fanny (me) did an article on the East Fife badge in last season's City v East Fife programme:

A badge first appeared on the shirts in 1950 during a period of success for East Fife. While many club badges in Scotland were adopted from the local burgh seal East Fife did not go down this route and instead adopted a simple badge with a saltire in the middle, a gold thistle on a black background below and the letters “EFFC” on a yellow background on the top. While the saltire and the thistle are Scottish symbols there was nothing on this badge referring to East Fife’s locality. 

In 1970 the saltire and thistle badge disappeared from East Fife’s shirts and was replaced by the letters “EFFC”. These letters in a flowing font set out diagonally appeared on the shirts from the mid-1970s to 1991 but another badge appeared on East Fife programme cover during the 1970s and had some sort of official status.  This badge showed the outline of a mounted knight on a yellow and black background and was taken from the arms of Fife County Council and the MacDuff Earls of Fife.

I suppose the Thane would be quite exciting to have on East Fife's shirt but the boring saltire (and thistle) got there first! 

Archived