Ton v sons

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Good luck to anyway planning on getting home this evening by the way. The traffic is a nightmare outside the stadium - and the mini traffic lights haven't had their phasing changed. So about two cars are getting though in each change.

They temporary traffic lights were torture !! took a lifetime to change :lol:

43 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Dun Utd really need to win those games in hand, not only to keep in touch with St Mirren, but also keep away from a fight to stay in the promotion playoff's 

I can't see past the current top four now, tbh. Dunfermline have been rotten for a while and I could actually see them finishing 7th/8th. I don't think you'll be challenged by Queens for fourth spot and ICT have left it too late, despite their games in hand. Falkirk could yet finish 5th in reasonable comfort.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

I can't see past the current top four now, tbh. Dunfermline have been rotten for a while and I could actually see them finishing 7th/8th. I don't think you'll be challenged by Queens for fourth spot and ICT have left it too late, despite their games in hand. Falkirk could yet finish 5th in reasonable comfort.

We’ll bottle it at some point...

Just now, Scosha said:

We’ll bottle it at some point...

I'd argue you already have, you just did it in reverse this season. You're grinding out a lot of decent results now and your form is quality. You'd be so much closer to us if you'd maintained this through the season.

8 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'd argue you already have, you just did it in reverse this season. You're grinding out a lot of decent results now and your form is quality. You'd be so much closer to us if you'd maintained this through the season.

it's Morton your talking about what else is expected :whistle

I was impressed with Dumbarton last night. They pass the ball about well and look dangerous on the break. They certainly don’t look like a team that’s 9 points adrift in the relegation play off place. Just a pity (for them...) that their decision making and final ball isn’t the best.

10 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Agreed. I got carried away this time last year and was around 90% certain we were going up before we went on that run of not winning games. I’m not making that mistake again this season!!

14 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Still a lot of football to play. If ICT beat us on Sat and win their game in hand, they are only 2 points behind us. Likewise if we get beat and either Queens/Pars win that encounter, its down to a point.

We are in good form but a couple of defeats/draws and it will open right up again.

The playoffs were pretty much decided with 9 games to go last season. i can see it going down to the last few games this time around.

9 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Depends on who is capable of putting on a decent run of games. Dun Utd are the enigma just now because of the games  in hand. They could theoretically still put you under pressure  at the top or fall right out of the play off spot altogether! 

Livi are too far ahead of Dunfermline  and Queens to be caught - so at the very least Livi will be in the playoff's

Morton have the slight advantage and gained a bit of breathing space.  Dunfermline  and Queens not out of it yet though.

6 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Depends on who is capable of putting on a decent run of games. Dun Utd are the enigma just now because of the games  in hand. They could theoretically still put you under pressure  at the top or fall right out of the play off spot altogether! 

Livi are too far ahead of Dunfermline  and Queens to be caught - so at the very least Livi will be in the playoff's

Morton have the slight advantage and gained a bit of breathing space.  Dunfermline  and Queens not out of it yet though.

All true (and the bit about pressure on us definitely worries me :) ) - I personally can't see Queens or Pars making a race out of it now. 

22 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

All true (and the bit about pressure on us definitely worries me :) ) - I personally can't see Queens or Pars making a race out of it now. 

Unless you really hit a bad patch I can't see you not winning the league. All the top 4 teams have games in hand and have games against you.

Morton - 1 game in hand. Still to play 1 game. Potential 6 points. As it stands we would still be 10 points behind - No chance of catching you.

Livi -  1 game in hand. Still to play 1 game. Potential 6 points. As it stands they would be 5 points behind -   Outside chance.

Dun Utd. - 3 games in hand. Still to play 1 game. Potential 12 points.  As it stands they would be 2 points behind. - Game on! :rolleyes:

53 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Unless you really hit a bad patch I can't see you not winning the league. All the top 4 teams have games in hand and have games against you.

Morton - 1 game in hand. Still to play 1 game. Potential 6 points. As it stands we would still be 10 points behind - No chance of catching you.

Livi -  1 game in hand. Still to play 1 game. Potential 6 points. As it stands they would be 5 points behind -   Outside chance.

Dun Utd. - 3 games in hand. Still to play 1 game. Potential 12 points.  As it stands they would be 2 points behind. - Game on! :rolleyes:

I think you're right, but bear in mind, two of United's games are away on a Tuesday night to QoS and ICT, neither of which I see them coming home with all three points. I think wins for us on Saturday and then against Utd will kill it off.  

Then it's just fingers crossed that Morton can do well and cement a play off position. All usual banter aside, if I had a choice of who to come up with us it'd be Ton, if only just for the twice-yearly trips to Cappielow!

27 minutes ago, JimmyMirren said:

I think you're right, but bear in mind, two of United's games are away on a Tuesday night to QoS and ICT, neither of which I see them coming home with all three points. I think wins for us on Saturday and then against Utd will kill it off.  

Then it's just fingers crossed that Morton can do well and cement a play off position. All usual banter aside, if I had a choice of who to come up with us it'd be Ton, if only just for the twice-yearly trips to Cappielow!

I would say Utd definitely need to win the Friday night game against you. Might tune into that game :) 

We came out the traps last night and definitely had Morton on the ropes early doors

Looking back we needed to score during that spell to have something to defend...poor miss from Froxy, but it looked more like it came off him rather than him putting it over the bar

After that Morton got themselves into the game without really testing Gallagher

Poor goal for us to lose, and we didn't really look like getting an equaliser

Some of the guys looked out on their feet by the end of their game

I thought Stirling and Stewart both looked good and give me more hope for the rest of the season

Archived