Ton v sons

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need to reset sat nav was nearly going to Greenock tonight, HaHa!

Never seem to play well at the rock but with Tids back I am hoping for a decent result Dumbarton 0 v Ton 2.

Well have only seen us lose at home this season, as I missed the first Dundee Unt game, so confident the boys will put in a decent shift. Please bring Lamie back from being our best defender all season to a bench player why?

8 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Bit of a myth I feel.

What are recent results at the rock between ourselves. I’m looking at you so8

http://sonsarchive.com/ 

Go to Matches, then Opposition Teams, then select Morton and go to the Competitive Matches tab. Any home game from 2003 onward on that list is played at the Rock (sorry but I can't be arsed filtering through each one to give you a definitive figure of wins/losses at the Rock, all the power to S08 if he can be arsed). In total we've won 28 of the 85 games played at home in our history.

50 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I like the look of that front four a lot. I might even see us score.

I'm cursed. Good half that though. Quite enjoying the Burt/Froxy/Stewart/Stirling link up. Could do with getting a few more crosses in mind you.

Do Morton have players that could be effective in a 3-5-2? Yes.

Can those players be effective in a 3-5-2 when they've had at most one day of preparation for playing it? No.

This has improved since the first 10 minutes when Dumbarton carved us open easily four times because the defence had no idea what they were doing and Dumbarton were exploiting the space created as a result, culminating in the miss of the season from Froxylias, but it still isn't working. We've had more possession since that initial spell, but we're creating little with it because Dumbarton's midfield are having few issues tracking runners and shutting space down.

There have been a couple of occasions we've created chances by getting the ball out wide, but we're rarely getting the space to put a cross in. I'm not a fan of Russell in midfield, but going 4-4-2 with him on the left would be preferable to persisting with this.

Pretty frustrating night. We started brilliantly, fluid movement, high pressing, runners dragging defenders then it calmed down a bit but it was still fairly even.

Then came the subs...

Froxy, Burt and Stewart were replaced with Handling, Russell and Nisbit and it pretty much had the opposite effect of what 3 second half subs should have. All movement and running died on it's arse and we became a static, dithering mess. Special mention to Stirling who tried his best but had f**k all infront of him after the subs.

Fair play to Morton who ground out a well deserved win.

Good luck to anyway planning on getting home this evening by the way. The traffic is a nightmare outside the stadium - and the mini traffic lights haven't had their phasing changed. So about two cars are getting though in each change.

Archived