lugar v clydebank

sweep

3 minutes ago, sweep said:

Where is the last man incident at nil nil  Penalty goal offside keeper deserved red but it was outside box . I was right in line with it and the tackle was three yards outside the box. The Lugar keeper could get three games when it should be a £10 fine.

Im sure it was outside as ive already said but what would have made it a £10 fine rather than a ban ?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, F_T_Y said:

After a week of moaning and conspiracy theories we see footage of a stonewall red card you are ever likely to see as the keeper takes a wild swipe at the bankies players shins.

Sweep has had a shocker here.

Please read the post properly We are not arguing about the red card . We are trying to point out that the incident was outside the box therefore it is a £10 fine not a three game suspension

Where is the last man incident at nil nil  Penalty goal offside keeper deserved red but it was outside box . I was right in line with it and the tackle was three yards outside the box. The Lugar keeper could get three games when it should be a £10 fine.

Instead of complaining about the coupon busters footage why don’t you film your own that way you can be sure no russians have tampered with the end result.

8 hours ago, not man of the match said:

So you agree with the red card now you’ve seen the footage?

What planet are you on I have always agreed with the red card. The debate is about the offence being committed outside the box. So no penalty and no three game suspension and the Clydebank player was offside before the Lugar goalie put him up in the air. The ref got it wrong three times in the one move.

What planet are you on I have always agreed with the red card. The debate is about the offence being committed outside the box. So no penalty and no three game suspension and the Clydebank player was offside before the Lugar goalie put him up in the air. The ref got it wrong three times in the one move.

Apologies, I misread your initial post regarding the red card. Having seen the footage, do you still believe the Clydebank player should have been sent off? As I said, I wasn’t there and the footage is inconclusive as to it being inside or outside the box.

On 24/02/2018 at 16:25, sweep said:

Last man red card outside the box is £10 fine. Last men red card inside the box is three games

The SJFA list of fixed penalties is below. I'm can't see any guidance around where an offence takes place has a bearing on the fixed penalty. Looks to me like a breach of number 4, unless there is alternative guidance available?

1 Serious Foul Play 2 games+£15 fine

2 Violent Conduct

a) Punching an opponent/attempting 3 games+£20 fine

b) Kick an opponent/attempting 2 games+£15 fine

c) Pushing an opponent/attempting 2 games+£10 fine

d) Elbowing an opponent/attempting 3 games+£20 fine

e) Head butting an opponent/attempting 3 games+£20 fine

f) Stamping on opponent/attempting 3 games+£20 fine

g) Others 2 games+£10 fine

3 Spitting at an Opponent or Any Other Person 3 games+£20 fine

4 Denying the Opposing Team or an Opponent a goal or an Obvious Goal Scoring Opportunity as Defined by Law 12 £10 fine

5 Offensive, Insulting or Abusive Language and/or Gestures 1 game+£10 fine

43 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Incorrect. A last man red card anywhere is just a fine and no ban.

Incorrect. On 2 counts. 

1 - The offence is - Denying an Obvious Goal Scoring Opportunity. (DOGSO)

2 - If a penalty is awarded  for DOGSO, then the referee should not double the punishment by issuing a red card.

Incorrect. On 2 counts. 
2 - If a penalty is awarded  for DOGSO, then the referee should not double the punishment by issuing a red card.
That's also incorrect, point 2 only applies if the player committing the foul has made (in the ref's opinion) a genuine attempt to play the ball. E.g. dragging someone back by the jersey should still be a red card.

Incorrect. On 2 counts. 

I think if you check you'll find I am correct. A red card issued for denying a goalscoring opportunity does not result in a ban, no matter where it takes place on the pitch.

Archived