lugar v clydebank

sweep

7 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

Seriously? You’re tone has completely changed as the discussion moves on. You begin to suggest that volunteers will deliberately edit out any controversy to suit this little agenda you have created. Do you know how far some parts of Glasgow are to Clydebank and that you are suggesting the close proximity indicates some sort of bias towards The Bankies? This “last man” thing, what does that even mean in 2018? If Lugar wish correct offside calls they can request linesmen/women for matches. Aggression? Behave yourself. You asked questions and didn’t like the answers. I’ve already said it will be interesting to see the incidents, so clearly that suggests I would like them included.

I wish to thank you and look forward to an unedited film for all to decide

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st 20 mins was all Clydebank, as expected, Lugar lucky is was only 1-0, Lugar then grew into the game but their downfall in the latter stages of the 1st half was their decision making in the final third, as for the last man incident? Ross was clever, he knew the ball was away from him and jumped into the Clydebank CH, the ball was going sideways so no chance of a last man red, 1st 15 of second half Lugar were looking good and looked the most likely to score, however an unlucky chain of events led to Darren Curtis slipping in momentum with the Clydebank strike leading to goal #2, goal number 3 is where I sympathise with the OP, the red had a good game up till this point but the Clydebank striker was at least 15 yards offside when he received the ball, the Lugar keeper connected outside the box, so, offside, outside the box, penalty, red card, 3-0 game over -
From a Lugar fan

8 hours ago, sweep said:

Watched this game today and the Glasgow referee made numerous mistakes that mostly ( in my opinion) flavoured Clydebank. The lugar centre was judged to have been fouled by a last defender . Outcome yellow card. My thoughts last defender then it should be red. In the second half I saw a bizzare situation where Bankies were clearly yards offside the player ran through and was blatantly brought down two or thre yards outside the box there ensued a fracas where the Lugar keeper was rightly red carded but the bankies player who had retaliated stayed on the park. The ref awarded Bankies a penalty for an incident that happened outside the box. Why?

8 hours ago, sweep said:

Good.  As long as the filming is not edited to flavour one team

Honestly. So many options...let’s go with....(ahem)......that’s the “stock” situation nowadays in the Juniors.

Over to you boys

So club who don’t request linesmen complain about decisions which would potentially have been aided by linesmen? Don’t get me wrong Lugar f*d my long shot coupon yesterday (as did Pollok) but it just seems a bit daft.

Linesman were requested but were told none available due to number of linesmen SJFA have.Now here's a chance for all you fat b*****ds out there to get off your backside to join the SJFA referee training scheme and contribute to Junior football and your own wellbeing. A win win situation [emoji2]

Watched this game yesterday, some poor decisions by the ref especially when the lad from Lugar took a head knock, Ref should have stopped the game straight away, but this was just one of the easy decisions the ref overlooked, also Lugar did make an enquiry for linesmen/women for the tie & this was declined.

I thought that Vezza could've walked in 1st half for "last man" incident.  Apart from the fact it didn't look like a foul - as someone above said the forward seemed to barge into him. Once ref gave the foul I had feared a red but possibly justice done.

Re the penalty and Red.  The keeper was still raging about a previous incident and was a time bomb. Seemed to bring our forward ( cant recall who it was ) down deliberately just outside the box and red card fully justified. Not a penalty I thought but that was the second of 2 mistakes. 

We werent that great yesterday - still misfiring in midfield and at the back ( Lugar got in behind more times than I care to remember and Lumsden had a great save ) - altho more punch going forward.  Still scored 4 and missed another 3 or 4 clear cut chances so a successful cup tie but improvement required. 

2 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Misfired our way to a clean sheet and created another 3 or 4 clear cut chances?

Aye ... it was nice to get a clean sheet decisive ( in the end ) win ... cost me a welcome 9 quid to SAG. However all it proved is that we'd do no bad in ADL. We still have some defensive and midfield issues and hopefully they'll be addressed. 

It proved that we won a cup tie and are in the next round,which was the objective.
The issues that led to the opposition having one attempt at goal of note in the entire game and that was from being about 10 yards offside!
First competitive game for over a month on a shambles of a pitch too.

At least Lugar have a pitch ya tube

Archived