Stenny vs Edinburgh

McMinn kept a clean sheet. Looked a little shaken with the ball at his feet first half but dealt well with things 2nd half.

One of our poorest performances this season. But having taken nothing last week when we should have won, it makes a pleasant change to win playing ugly.

Aside from a whirlwind start, Edinburgh didn’t really trouble us, but to be fair, we didn’t really create anything of note. Goal came from a calamitous Beattie error.

Edinburg followed the Montrose tactic of kicking Paton every time he was on the ball. Yellow card count this week for fouls on him was 3 (maybe 4, can’t remember).

Shout out to Ross Meechan. 150th game for Stenhousemuir and he got my vote for MotM.

3 hours ago, beaver1 said:

McMinn kept a clean sheet. Looked a little shaken with the ball at his feet first half but dealt well with things 2nd half.

One of our poorest performances this season. But having taken nothing last week when we should have won, it makes a pleasant change to win playing ugly.

Aside from a whirlwind start, Edinburgh didn’t really trouble us, but to be fair, we didn’t really create anything of note. Goal came from a calamitous Beattie error.

Edinburg followed the Montrose tactic of kicking Paton every time he was on the ball. Yellow card count this week for fouls on him was 3 (maybe 4, can’t remember).

Shout out to Ross Meechan. 150th game for Stenhousemuir and he got my vote for MotM.

apart from the two that hit the post, eh... 4 shots on target for each team according to the BBC. 

we really deserved something from this game and another foul up cost us. Stenny had a good solid defence today which made the difference. When McMenamin came on I was expecting him to score as he has done against City since before the Millennium (played for Annan in East of Scotland League if you're wondering).

We obviously didn't kick Paton hard enough! Unlike whoever did Morrison, who went off with a suspected broken ankle. Yet another injury :(

Ah well, at least those fine folk at Broadwood did us a favour. 

Morrison's injury was not caused by a bad tackle more likely the way he went down.  Had it been such a bad tackle where was the appeal from all your players?

Poor game but good to win ugly.  Concerned by the lack of chances we are creating. Longworth and McMenamin are certainly not the answer.

Well done Ross Meechan for getting to 150 games  toss up between him and Ferry for MOM.

Looks like Paton will be targetted by every team from now on.

Thought both teams were a bit crap yesterday, Beattie has been good at centre half but he’s gifted Stenny the game. Actually my first chance to see the warriors this season, don’t look good enough to go back up (based on what I assume was a below par performance)

Also your stewards really do not like people putting their feet on the (empty) seat in front of them. One lad behind me was ‘caught’ 3 times.

I think it’s pretty obvious Tam the Bam’s a wind up merchant. It. Was obviously a serious injury. Not something to try and score points from.

Both teams were crap. No doubt. Edinburgh well on top until we scored and then neither team looked like getting another goal.

We had too many players below par, aside from the back 4, and my biggest concern is that with a small squad we don’t have the players available to freshen things up.

And it was 4, not 3, Edinburgh players booked for hacks on Paton, to add to the Montrose two from last week.

I can only really add to what everyone else has posted. A pretty even game separated by a horrible goal. I thought Edinburgh City started the match very well and were all over us for the first 15 minutes - their good play culminated with Scott Shepherd's shot whacking the post - but we settled down after that. The goal was our only real clear-cut chance. I'm surprised we were able to get more than two minutes from the highlights package. It was a very useful three points, but not much more.

It was a mixed performance from Stenhousemuir. Lewis McMinn was okay in goals (although there was a nervous moment with the ball at his feet in the first half), the back four played well, especially Ross Dunlop and Ross Meechan, and Harry Paton and Mark Ferry were great in the middle of the park. Alan Cook and Innes Murray couldn't really get into the game and, God love him, but Jamie Longworth really struggled, and his touch and passing was all to pieces. I really like him but it's just not coming off for him at the moment.

As for Edinburgh City, they've come on a bundle since we bodied them earlier in the season. Shepherd looks like a good wee player and seems suited to this level. They should have enough about them to finish well above Cowdenbeath.

caught this game. A poor game of football in all honesty. Thought stenny deserved it though for a strong second half. If it wasnt for the Beattie mistake we were heading for a dull 0-0. Stenny need to improve from that to stay top 4, City looked better than bottom places and could well go up a spot or two more if they sort out the sluggish back line

Archived