Weather watch for Saturday

LocheeRon

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Serious question : anything anywhere got any chance at all of being On this Saturday (3rd March) ?
West, East, North ? I'll go anywhere ! 

Ayrshire coast should be ok,Troon v The Buffs looks good, or Medda,Girvan and Saltcoats

48 minutes ago, lang said:

Ayrshire coast should be ok,Troon v The Buffs looks good, or Medda,Girvan and Saltcoats

48 minutes ago, lang said:

This is a wind up I think!  Hopefully the fixtures will just be rolled over to next week!

3 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

Why? The Ayrshire coast (well, where I am anyway) is virtually clear of snow.

I appreciate that some of the grounds may be clear, however it is the teams and supporters traveling that may be more of an issue. IMO they have made the righ decision in calling all of the games off.

I appreciate that some of the grounds may be clear, however it is the teams and supporters traveling that may be more of an issue. IMO they have made the righ decision in calling all of the games off.

Came down the 74 and 77 today absolutely no problem and sign of snow on the coast

It's not as if this is something that is done regularly, so a rollover seems reasonable. Some ( and YES, I include myself in that to stop the whingey mob's heckles rising) travel even when common sense suggests otherwise, so taking it out of our hands is probably fair enough. I'm sure it wasn't something done lightly and there will always be some complaints, but I'm prepared to confess  I need saving from myself sometimes and I suspect I'm not alone in that. Selective photos of clear pitches under the sun which might surface do not tell the story of the surrounding streets etc, or the roads or rails needed by those who might think of going, officials and players. Disappointing? Yes. Understandable? Yes too.

Archived