Sportsguard insurance

PC39MSO

After one of my players suffered a terrible injury on sat resulting in a leg break and ankle dislocation who feels the basic covered provided is adequate ? 

Off work for potentially 8 weeks and in cast for 6 with a family to feed and a mortgage to pay. 

£50 per week will not cover this and I feel the amateur game is going down hill because of these situations. Players particularly self employed are afraid to get injured and effect their family life and work. 

first off all, dreadful injury to your player so finger crossed he has a speedy and full recovery 

however, i have to ask, does the player have a job where he will be paid while off or is he self employed, in that case does he have his own insurance, im asking as thats the first thing i tell my players ( at all levels) is to get their own insurance.

Professional all the way down the levels each player should be wise enough or even advised to take their own insurance. and i know alot of Pro players, Junior, Semi Pro and Amateur players do have their own for piece of mind

so i dont think this is the Amateur football insurances fault really ( even though i think it should be whole lot more than £50 to help hurt players out in these cases) and in no way am i saying this is the players fault either i just think all players should be advised better either by their own teams or leagues or associations.

Fingers crossed for your player, hope he is going to be Ok

12 minutes ago, scorer said:

first off all, dreadful injury to your player so finger crossed he has a speedy and full recovery 

however, i have to ask, does the player have a job where he will be paid while off or is he self employed, in that case does he have his own insurance, im asking as thats the first thing i tell my players ( at all levels) is to get their own insurance.

Professional all the way down the levels each player should be wise enough or even advised to take their own insurance. and i know alot of Pro players, Junior, Semi Pro and Amateur players do have their own for piece of mind

so i dont think this is the Amateur football insurances fault really ( even though i think it should be whole lot more than £50 to help hurt players out in these cases) and in no way am i saying this is the players fault either i just think all players should be advised better either by their own teams or leagues or associations.

Fingers crossed for your player, hope he is going to be Ok

100% agree. But surely the safa should put in place better policies. That’s the run of the mill cover.

I will be putting it to my players for the coming 

54 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

What is the average cost per player to have their own personal insurance ? I didn't know you could do that to be honest ?

There’s all different covers. A decent cover will usually cost between £7-10 per month. 

The basic is what it says, your team always have the option to take the extra cover which would have given him a minimum of £100 per week

The cover we get for the basic money for 25 players a season is reasonable to be honest
Won’t be life changing though

Archived