Airdrie v Queens Park

EJF

On 17/02/2018 at 17:51, waysider said:

i don't often say anything about the ref but today in the second half he was awful.

Highlight was penalising Queens for taking a throw in from the wrong place and then saying nothing as Airdrie took it from the exact same place!

On 17/02/2018 at 18:46, Velvet Donkey said:

It's no surprise that last time , and it took a while to convince myself that I was seeing Galt at right back!

Don't agree he was right back, to my eyes we started with a back three and Galt was on the right midfield.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to defend the team selection on Saturday as I also totally disagreed starting with Galt at right wing back and the inclusion of Fotheringham over McVey. Gus got that wrong massively imo. I will however defend his position to remain as our head coach -  he took over when we were bottom of League 2  and with a few games to go last season he had us at 3rd place  in  League 1. Now one poor season and some in our support want him sacked...get a grip of yourselves....  ffs we're not down yet and even if we do go down I'd still have him.  In his 3 full seasons in charge we've finished 2nd ( play off finalists) 4th (play off winners) and 6th in league 1 so I think he has proven he is more than good enough to remain in charge       

I'm no happy clapper and I'll give out constructive criticism and praise when it's deserved to players and coaches but all I read on here is the same shite every week from the usual suspects towards the usual scapegoats. Certain folk never post when we have a decent result or performance, only when we lose ( which I admit has been a lot this season)   You also hear it at the games ( especially at home ) Aye you pay yer money so you can say what you want, entitled to your opinion etc blah blah...that is indeed correct. Well this is mine.  

Archived