Airdrie v Queens Park

EJF

Pre match entertainment for home and away fans.

Our new pre-match entertainment programme continues at Excelsior Stadium this Saturday ahead of the League One match against Queen's Park.

The guys from Airdrie fanzine "OTL" will be recording their popular podcast live in the President's Bar from 1:00pm, and their special guest is ex-Diamonds star Willie McGuire. Come along to watch the recording, enjoy a pre-match refreshment, and meet a true Airdrie legend!

For the budding football stars in both supports, Aces Football Training takes place from 1:30pm on the 7-a-side pitch behind the south stand. With guest coaches from Airdrie's senior playing squad, training is free of charge and open to young supporters of both teams.

28055985_10155986823319933_8592408508390

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping we can build on the positive performances in the last two games and pick up three points here.  MOTM in our last two matches has been awarded to the opposition goalkeeper, which is a pretty good indication of how we've been playing.

Any word on when the boy from Kilmarnock is likely to be fit? 

8 hours ago, EJF said:

Pre match entertainment for home and away fans.

Our new pre-match entertainment programme continues at Excelsior Stadium this Saturday ahead of the League One match against Queen's Park.

The guys from Airdrie fanzine "OTL" will be recording their popular podcast live in the President's Bar from 1:00pm, and their special guest is ex-Diamonds star Willie McGuire. Come along to watch the recording, enjoy a pre-match refreshment, and meet a true Airdrie legend!

For the budding football stars in both supports, Aces Football Training takes place from 1:30pm on the 7-a-side pitch behind the south stand. With guest coaches from Airdrie's senior playing squad, training is free of charge and open to young supporters of both teams.

28055985_10155986823319933_8592408508390

Pity Willie cant do the Aces training too!

We really do have an utterly shitey record at Airdrie, don't think we've won there since the early 80s. More hopeful of getting something than I was this time last week but they do say it's the hope that kills you....the next few weeks are gonna be huge for us with Forfar and Albion Rovers to follow 

Same eleven starting as last week would be nice

56 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

3-1 Queen's Park.  Harry Kane's started following Keena on twitter.

Glad to see your optimism which I have been short of this season . I will chance it by predicting a 2-1 for Airdrie. Have not been following your team but who is Keena, and maybe more importantly who is Harry Kane?. Hope one of us is happy tomorrow night.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

You'll find out tomorrow. Hearts loanee.

Expect it'll be tight again. I'm looking forward to Airdrie's hospitality as always. Apart from the bam in the red fleece.

Thanks for info. I think Stranraer have  Angus Beith from Hearts and he was really good against us, so we are well alerted. Will not be wearing a Red fleece but it will be cold, so wrap up well

Questionable line up and tactics

Why put our most effective attacker at right back  and then decide to move him back on the wing when we're 2-0 down? 

Why drop Mcvey ? Brings energy and running to the team, instead we put Fotheringham back in and ultimately we're cut apart in midfield. We only had to make one change with Millen suspended and we could of quite simply put Burns at right back and then stick Summers at left back. 

Nimmo didn't exactly inspire me with confidence but hopefully he'll get better with a couple more games under his belt. Keena done well again and Cummins actually looked alright as a striker for the last 5 minutes with a very composed finish. 

A valuable 3 points but what a meal we made of it. Coasting at 2-0 missing chances to kill off the game then Queens score and we have to rely on a good save from Ferguson to keep the points. When was the last time Airdrie scored in the second half? Something has to be done about our second half collapses. 

That having been said, what a pleasure to have a happier atmosphere about the place. Crowd of over 900 which is a positive sign.

i don't often say anything about the ref but today in the second half he was awful.

20 minutes ago, bobthespider said:

Galt starting at right back .....just don’t understand why .

For those who have defended MacPherson so resolutely please explain that starting line up and then the tactics. He should be asked to leave immediately.  Fotheringham, Burns and  Donnelly should go with him. What a sickener.

A valuable 3 points but what a meal we made of it. Coasting at 2-0 missing chances to kill off the game then Queens score and we have to rely on a good save from Ferguson to keep the points. When was the last time Airdrie scored in the second half? Something has to be done about our second half collapses. 
That having been said, what a pleasure to have a happier atmosphere about the place. Crowd of over 900 which is a positive sign.
i don't often say anything about the ref but today in the second half he was awful.

Our inability to defend in the final 10 mins of any game has been a source of constant frustration but, in fairness, we were strong in the challenge and controlling the match fairly comfortably up to the point the ref made a barrage of bizarre decisions, at which point our confidence / concentration seemed to go.

Shout out to Ferguson for saving the win at the end with that save.

Disappointed that we didn’t score more today but we created lots of good chances. Just need to become a bit more clinical.

Archived