F1 2018

die hard doonhamer

I’m a Hamilton fan but I don’t see the point in blaming anyone or saying Vettel cheated. Being lucky is part of the sport, either using a Safety Car to your advantage or when to switch tyres in changing weather conditions. I sure wasn’t complaining back in 2008 when Lewis “got lucky” on the final corner to win his first title. [emoji14] 
Yeah you have F1 Hamilton fans then you have twitter Hamilton fans two completely different set of people [emoji16]

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Folk saying an advantage shouldn’t be gained under the safety car. Yeah that’s a brand new thing that has just started happening. emoji23.png

Precisely! Sometimes drivers benefit, sometimes they don't. Them's the breaks. Happens to them all - although curiously this is the first time Sky have kicked up a fuss about it.

In fairness to Hamilton and Wolff, in public they have been pretty philosophical about the whole thing (surprised at Hamilton as I expected the usual monosyllabic responses when he's in the huff). It's just the TV pundits and the fanboys (same thing really) who have an issue with it.

I'm sure there's been cases in the past where Hamilton has lost a big chunk of his lead under VSC so it's maybe something Mercedes need to look at.

37 minutes ago, Stu said:

Precisely! Sometimes drivers benefit, sometimes they don't. Them's the breaks. Happens to them all - although curiously this is the first time Sky have kicked up a fuss about it.

In fairness to Hamilton and Wolff, in public they have been pretty philosophical about the whole thing (surprised at Hamilton as I expected the usual monosyllabic responses when he's in the huff). It's just the TV pundits and the fanboys (same thing really) who have an issue with it.

I'm sure there's been cases in the past where Hamilton has lost a big chunk of his lead under VSC so it's maybe something Mercedes need to look at.

Hamilton benefitted from pitting under the VSC in Spain last year iirc.

Does anyone watch the F1 show on Sky sports? Is It worth the download?

It’s a bit of a hit or a miss. Although whether to spend the time downloading something is definitely first world problems.

Regarding Sky I honestly don’t think they were being too dramatic or one-sided over the Vettel/Hamilton/VSC issue. I haven’t watched Teds Notebook right enough but in the race they were cool with it. It also worth remembering that Sky’s job is to get eyes on their channel so the more controversy the better. If anything I find Sky seemed to be leaning towards Ferrari (or anyone) contending with Mercedes across the whole first weekend. They were willing someone to beat Hamilton to pole position.

Even when playing F1 on the Xbox you know that getting a pit under VSC/SC you will gain something so I’m surprised that some people were surprised.

52 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Even when playing F1 on the Xbox you know that getting a pit under VSC/SC you will gain something so I’m surprised that some people were surprised.

100% this. I always pit under a SC if it’s within my pit window. Had a belter of a SC once where I pitted under the SC and came out behind Ricciardo (team mate) in second place. He would have fell back to third or fourth under normal racing conditions so I deliberately held up the pack, which is fine under SC conditions, while he was in the pits and he came out still in first place. I then overtook him and we finished 1-2 :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...

Looked as if the light went green so can't blame Kimi for that one. Not like one years ago where he just decided to drive off.

Hope the mechanic is OK.

Archived