Aberdeen V Kilmarnock

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Up until fairly recently, most Dons fans would probably have said the same. But since the turn of the year he's been consistently outstanding and along with McKenna is doing his utmost to drag us out of this dip in form (despite not actually being a Dons player).

He's much, much better when pushed a bit further forward into what is his natural position just behind the forward line. It's amazing the number of high balls he wins, and I'm only sorry we didn't always use McLean to the best of his abilities at Pittodrie in the time he was here. If he's played correctly at Norwich, there's no reason why he can't become a mainstay of the Scotland team as well.

And since I mentioned him, a shout-out once again to Scott McKenna. It's a credit to him that since being catapulted into the limelight by being associated with international football, he seems to have grown another 5 inches in height and 10 years in experience......he's still young and will inevitably make mistakes, but if he continues to progress at the rate he's going he'll be an established internationalist (and at a bigger club than Aberdeen) in the next few years.

Funny how we all see it differently, all those around me were laughing at Norwich for being so stupid to buy him most of the game. 

Re McKenna, I saw him for the Scotland under 21's in September and he was outstanding - He wasn't a regular in your team until just after that game.  

I didn't even know who he was at that point, but you could see lots of potential and he seems to have improved considerably since then. 

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

a shout-out once again to Scott McKenna. It's a credit to him that since being catapulted into the limelight by being associated with international football, he seems to have grown another 5 inches in height and 10 years in experience......he's still young and will inevitably make mistakes, but if he continues to progress at the rate he's going he'll be an established internationalist (and at a bigger club than Aberdeen) in the next few years.

But BoredomGuy says he can only head the ball a bit so he'll probably end up being another shit Scottish failure. 

Image result for tommy wright gif

13 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

I have never seen what people see in him, even when he played for St Mirren.  Most of my friends are St Mirren fans and they raved about him, yet I just couldn't see it and still don't. Shine, who I can't stand is a far better player IMO.

The first time I noticed him with St Mirren was in a SCQF against us during the Craigie Broon era.  He looked a standout in the Love Street match, where we scraped a 94th minute goal to get a replay.  He also scored a peach against us in a LCQF at Pittodrie, where we lost on pens the season Smurn won it.

I was delighted when we signed him, but for much of his Pittodrie career he has flattered to deceive - maybe due to being played deeper than his best position higher up the park.

He was excellent in the second half of last season after Maddison left (will be interesting how those two get on at Norwich, as they seemed to get in each other's way with us). He would have merited scoring the potential winner in the Scottish Cup final last season if Hayes had knocked the ball about a foot further forward and presented him with a tap-in to put us ahead in the second half.

This season, another slow start and did little for the first half of the season, such that we were amazed he got a game against the Netherlands ahead of Shinnie.

However, since his Norwich move was finalised, he has come back revitalised and to me, just looked the one player who had some element of composure in amongst the frantic fare on Tuesday night and had a few decent efforts (as well as sticking away a couple of pens).  Mulumbu is also clearly at that level, but maybe just lacked match sharpness for this one and committed a lot of fouls (which at some point should have accumulated into a yellow card).

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

No contest......
stephen-odonnell-kilmarnock-K710JJ.jpg

Stripes make you look fat, and his head is obviously far too big for his stunted wee body. Border-line ginger an'aw.

He's probably good looking for Kilmarnock though, given the lack of competition down there.

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Stripes make you look fat, and his head is obviously far too big for his stunted wee body. Border-line ginger an'aw.

He's probably good looking for Kilmarnock though, given the lack of competition down there.

Hoops make you look fat(ish).

Although you're probably correct with your second sentence...

Archived