Aberdeen V Kilmarnock

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Extremely pleasing to see Graeme 'pissboiler' Shinnie working his magic once more. 

There is no doubt the guy is a consummate fanny on the pitch, but as I was saying to a Dons-supporting mate last night, he's the kind of player his own fans will love, since being a niggling, whinging arsepiece does actually serve a useful function. We've been missing some of these darker arts in recent seasons, but we can't claim that the current Killie squad is short of WUMs willing to get in referees' faces, draw fouls, and noise up away fans these days, and we're a more robust side for it in my opinion. 

Still hope Power puts him about 8ft in the air next time we play, mind you. 

Thought Aberdeen just shaded it due to their extra time performance. We had the best of the second 45 but I thought the lack of a goal during our periods of pressure would come back to haunt us.

Both teams seemed scared of playing passing football so tried to reduce the risk by playing long balls.

Great turn out although given that officially the stadium was over half empty I'm wondering who was doing the counting? There certainly didn't appear to be 9000 empty seats.

1 minute ago, Killie Zenit said:

There is no doubt the guy is a consummate fanny on the pitch, but as I was saying to a Dons-supporting mate last night, he's the kind of player his own fans will love, since being a niggling, whinging arsepiece does actually serve a useful function. We've been missing some of these darker arts in recent seasons, but we can't claim that the current Killie squad is short of WUMs willing to get in referees' faces, draw fouls, and noise up away fans these days, and we're a more robust side for it in my opinion. 

Still hope Power puts him about 8ft in the air next time we play, mind you. 

That is quite similar to the view I have of Brown when we play Celtic, although also with the acknowledgement that he is usually a very effective footballer at this level.

I wish Shinnie didn't get as many yellow cards as he did, but there is no doubt that we are completely different proposition without his presence and aggression in the middle of the park (which makes me even more nervous for the semi-final). 

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I will go against the general consensus here. I thoroughly enjoyed the match, nervous as I was. Great blood and guts cup tie, which meant that the skilful players had little impact on the match. Jones and Mulumbu for Killie and Christie and MacKay-Steven for us had little impact. One of the things that we appear to have been missing over the last four matches is a desire and fight to win the match. We got that back big style last night, without getting our best players firing properly, although it’s cost us Logan, Shinnie and McLean for the semi. Lots of Killie fans having a thing about Logan getting away with two yellows, but the obvious red card last night was the Killie guy, don’t know who, who kicked MacKay-Steven on the deck.  McLean’s booking was ludicrous, and the guy that dived, who apparently was already on a yellow, should have had a second one and been off. O’Connor had one of those games he is more than capable of having, and he was magnificent. Loved the way that he ran into the fans after the last penalty save, while everyone else ran the other way to go to Woodman. Also loved Derek’s Roar at the end. I have never seen him celebrate like that before, not even at the League Cup Final. The fans on the whole were great, but booing all of the substitutions was out of order, and I think that they all worked out really well. Looking forward to going back to Hampden and hope that we get the Aberdeen end because the pubs are so much better.

Fully agree with most of this. Turned on the radio in the car afterwards to hear that fanny Dodds claiming it was a very poor game and neither team deserved to win.

True, there was very little silky football on display but what we got was a right good old fashioned cup tie between two evenly matched teams giving 100%.

Our player should definitely have been sent off but that wasn't the only poor decision the ref made , our 'goal' for example.

I did however agree with the Rooney booking as he had been niggling away since KO and it wasn't his first offence.

Main difference last night was Woody and his performance with the penalties. He made one terrific save and was unlucky with another, but his presence just seemed to intimidate the Killie  players.

He's going to go a very long way in the game and I would suggest Aberdeen fans enjoy him while they can,.

We certainly did when he was with us, but I just knew he would come back to haunt us someday.

Terrific prospect and a genuinely nice lad.

Guest Bob Mahelp
22 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

He's going to go a very long way in the game and I would suggest Aberdeen fans enjoy him while they can,.

We certainly did when he was with us, but I just knew he would come back to haunt us someday.

Terrific prospect and a genuinely nice lad.

The guy definitely has a future in the game, but we still miss Joe Lewis.

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Extremely pleasing to see Graeme 'pissboiler' Shinnie working his magic once more. 

Yup. I hate him more than any current cheek player and that's saying something. He dives and moans constantly. He has terrible, floppy hair and massive bug eyes, (and I'm fairly sure he wears mascara.  

I'd take him at our place though as he's got some engine on him.

I'm being as nice as I possibly can be about him.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Considine said Stevie May was on it on redtv

Cheers. 

Given May hasn't had a shot on target since October, probably just as well that Woodman saved 3. 

9 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Aye I noticed that , another thing he missed. He's just a dreadful, dreadful ref. 

It wasnt a big issue, just Logan gesticulating to the main stand. He's probably just grateful to have completed the two games given he could have been sent off in both! I just think it's another basic bit of refereeing he gets wrong. If a melee breaks out and the ref is already up the tunnel, how does he deal with it?!

You sure Logan wasn't just gesticulating to the directors box or perhaps family/friends that were there?

7 hours ago, cowboy said:

seething after finding out the brophy goal was onside

Was never a free-kick in the first place, would have been a travesty had it counted.

7 hours ago, Killiefan said:

We will find out about seething next season after you are struggling for 5th behind a stronger Sevco, Hearts and Hibs with no McLean or Christie.

We all know how tolerant of managers up there in la la land you are.

Why will Aberdeen be weaker but Hearts and Hibs stronger? Hibs could lose McGinn and McGeouch for starters.

And half the Rangers team are on loan.

Cheers. 
Given May hasn't had a shot on target since October, probably just as well that Woodman saved 3. 

[emoji1]

I actually thought he was ok when he came on.

Still clearly not sharp as he was but offered a threat at times.

[emoji1]

I actually thought he was ok when he came on.

Still clearly not sharp as he was but offered a threat at times.
I thought he was ineffectual when he first came on but started to become a menace towards the end of the match.

Aye, Clarke seems to have fairly got himself in a state, especially for somebody who tried to suggest there was no pressure on his team. Indicative of a feeble mentality.

Need to see him get at least another year at an inferior team before I’m convinced he’d be worthy of consideration to replace handsome Derek when the time comes.

Talking of getting yourself in a state......  

Manager Derek McInnes said Aberdeen had got the "big result" they had been looking for in the Scottish Cup penalty shootout win over Kilmarnock.

Really? A team which has been built over the past 5 years classing a penalty shootout win over, a work in progress 5 months in the making, as THE (not a) "big result".

Some ambition Del if stalemate over 210 mins of football against Killie is your measurement of success [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Archived