Aberdeen V Kilmarnock

4 minutes ago, The Ginger Prince said:

That’s the Hibs in Europe then emoji41.png

Stand free.

I would laugh a little if we won the cup after this post. I think the GingerPrince need not worry but it would be rather funny :-)

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Delighted to get through as Killie are a good side with players i would have in heartbeat playing for us.
So hard luck Killie and feel a little sympathy for their fans who must be gutted right now as know exactly how they must be feeling.
Anyway yaaaaaaaas COYR.
4 games in 10 days plus extra time was a step to far for us tonight. Boyd, Mulumbu & Broadfoot were out on their feet by 90 mins.

Well done Aberdeen enjoy and have a safe journey home guys.

4 games in 10 days plus extra time was a step to far for us tonight. Boyd, Mulumbu & Broadfoot were out on their feet by 90 mins.

Well done Aberdeen enjoy and have a safe journey home guys.

This. Proud of the team.

Good luck in the semis Aberdeen.

Aberdeen deserved it IMO but it was a dreadful game, with very, very little quality. We were in total control when it went 1-0, giving away that penalty was utter madness and cost us the game. Crowd were fantastic. Penalties are shite. f**k it, would have taken this position all day long when McCulloch was manager. KTID

Oh and a special mention for the ref and his linesmen, absoloute clowns.

This game was similar to the first game when chances were at a premium. Thought Killie was lucky not to go down to 10 men in first half - thought the ref was a disgrace. Game was pretty even first half and Killie was better in second half for a 15 minute spell when we had Rooney and May more upfront.

Some fans booing Rooney sub but I thought it was right as Killie was winning the battle at that stage. They also booed Christie which I don’t get as he was poor again. At least fans got behind them overall.

We looked team most likely in extra time although Logan poor for goal although well done to Killie for keeping two upfront for our corner kick. Looked a nailed on pen for us and my man of the match Kenny McLean scored decent pen.

Maybe deserved to go to pens and that first save for pen shoot out from Woodman looked amazing - he was unlucky for another pen which he got a hand to.

Thank f**k we are through and hopefully we kick on now after poor run.

Good to see fantastic home support, hope that continues, decent away support too

For all the years I’ve went to Brass and Granite it never been busier than that. Still do love that pub

Bus will get home after 2am ha ha - up the dons

That's a sore one to take.

Think first thing to comment on is probably what I spent most time discussing during the match - the referee. He has to be the worst in Scotland. He's not biased, he's just awful for both teams. Both set of fans booed him off the park at HT! Spent so much time talking about him which is the opposite of how a good ref should be - you shouldn't really notice him.

By consensus, Rory should have been sent off for aiming a kick at the Aberdeen man (wrong side of the pitch for me to have a clear view)
Boyd had his shirt pulled half way up his chest about half a dozen times in the first half and got none of them - in fact one was given the opposite way for a claim of backing in by Boydie!
After not awarding free kicks against Aberdeen for loads of blatant fouls, he's then given Kenny McLean an outrageous yellow for what wasn't even a foul!
In extra time, Shay Logan gives away a foul in his channel when Jones knocks the ball past him and Logan decides to take the deliberate foul by kicking JJ. The most blatant second yellow you'll see and the ref completely bottles it. Moments later, Logan throws the ball in to the box to win the penalty.
Hard to comment on whether the penalty was the right shout - our group were split 50/50 between "Yes, he was getting his shirt pulled" and "No, May was backing in looking for it". Can't feel too aggrieved at that one as our defender gave the ref a decision to make.
He then disallows what seems a perfectly good goal by Brophy that would have won us the game.
He's then up the tunnel while 3/4 of the players are still on the pitch, so misses Aberdeen players goading Killie fans etc - one of the most basic rules for a referee and he gets it wrong. The man is a complete walloper.

Not one of those nights where you'd blame the ref for the result, I just felt he really ruined the cup tie.

On the game itself, I thought we really rode our luck first half, especially given we should probably have lost a man. Our goal led a bit of a charmed life. Aberdeen set their stall out well, McInnes obviously recognising that so much of our good play involves not lumping the ball forward and going through that midfield three. I thought they did really well getting right in on the midfield and giving them no time. How many passes did Dicker and Power misplace? Uncharacteristic.

Second half I was expecting the usual Steve Clarke response. It was a little slower in coming than usual but by about the hour mark we really grew in to the game and I thought our spell in that period of the game was the best spell either team had in the match. Couldn't believe we didn't score second half.

Into extra time and the goal was fantastic. A brilliant ball by Jones, excellent play by Brophy and such good awareness to pass to O'Donnell, who took the goal well. I thought that was it. Sickening to then lose an equaliser so quickly (after playing the guts of an hour and forty five without conceding, to then concede minutes after scoring!) Also a horrible feeling to celebrate what you think is the winner for Brophy only to see it chopped off. Jamie keeps us in the tie with that last minute save!

Once it goes to penalties, we have no complaints. I don't accept that penalties are a lottery - you only have to look at the records of Germany, or a Graham Alexander, to see it's something that can be nailed down. Brophy's run-up was appalling and you could tell he was never scoring. Taylor and Kiltie's penalties were crap too. Even the fourth, O'Donnell's, we were lucky to score it after Woodman got a good hand to it. Thought he did really well with his saves but we made it too easy for him.

3 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

He's then up the tunnel while 3/4 of the players are still on the pitch, so misses Aberdeen players goading Killie fans etc - one of the most basic rules for a referee and he gets it wrong. The man is a complete walloper.

82488047.gif

Thought both teams were really poor tonight, was a proper scrappy game.

When we had the guts to get it down and play it in the second half we caused problems, but didn't do that nearly enough.

Penalty didn't look like one from where I was, but had a mate in the Moffat who said it was a stonewaller so I'm probably wrong on that.

The disallowed goal I have no idea, was the other end of the East Stand so absolutely no clue if it was off.

Anyway, congratulations to Aberdeen, I hope the winner of #TB4 semi-final lifts the trophy.

Well, that was a gutter. A howling game from two sides largely cancelling each other out. For some reason Aberdeen seem to stop us getting into a rhythm more effectively than any other team in the league at the moment, and they did well in isolating Jones for the majority of the game. Overall, a pretty brutal spectacle over the two matches, and a tie that probably deserved to be settled by penalties. Congratulations, Dons.

Spoiler

:(

How thoroughly disappointing.

Really feel like we were probably a bit preoccupied with how Aberdeen were going to set up and failed to play to our strengths. Pretty terrible game of football all things considered.

Definitely a penalty for Aberdeen, I'd say definitely offside against Brophy, and three poor penalties in the shootout. No complaints.

I really hope we can retain a good morale after this. I'd still put us favourites for 5th place in this league which is a remarkable turnaround inside a season.

13 minutes ago, Estragon said:

How thoroughly disappointing.

Really feel like we were probably a bit preoccupied with how Aberdeen were going to set up and failed to play to our strengths. Pretty terrible game of football all things considered.

Definitely a penalty for Aberdeen, I'd say definitely offside against Brophy, and three poor penalties in the shootout. No complaints.

I really hope we can retain a good morale after this. I'd still put us favourites for 5th place in this league which is a remarkable turnaround inside a season.

Im sorry but how can you possibly say Brophy was offside? He's nowhere near being offside ffs.

12 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

Im sorry but how can you possibly say Brophy was offside? He's nowhere near being offside ffs.

Och calm down pal I'm not the fucking linesman. I hadn't seen the picture above when I posted that.  

Archived