Aberdeen V Kilmarnock

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Fide said:

Starting to shite it now.

How's everyone else's sphincters holding up?

Meh

Will be delighted to get through obviously but similar to the Motherwell QF earlier this season it will hardly be end of the world stuff if we get beat

There is absolutely no way we are winning that cup this season so any heartache will only be prolonged if we win tonight 

IMO

COYR though.....

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I've long since stopped worrying about things I can do nothing about.

If Aberdeen put their best team out, and we play well, I believe we'll win no matter how Killie play.

If we don't, then I believe the Scottish cup will still be there next year.

Similarly, I think if we are firing on all cylinders and play to our potential, Aberdeen wouldn't be able to contain us.

If, if, if....

Guest Bob Mahelp
41 minutes ago, Fide said:

Similarly, I think if we are firing on all cylinders and play to our potential, Aberdeen wouldn't be able to contain us.

If, if, if....

I would respectfully suggest that an Aberdeen playing well should beat a Kilmarnock team playing well.

But as you say...if, if, if.

It wouldn't surprise me if both teams were a bit crap, it ended 0-0, and went to penalties.

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I would respectfully suggest that an Aberdeen playing well should beat a Kilmarnock team playing well.

But as you say...if, if, if.

It wouldn't surprise me if both teams were a bit crap, it ended 0-0, and went to penalties.

Whilst you're more than entitled to your opinion, I would also respectfully suggest that at their best, THIS Kilmarnock team should outclass the Dons.

That scenario, though, wouldn't surprise me either.

7 minutes ago, Fide said:

Whilst you're more than entitled to your opinion, I would also respectfully suggest that at their best, THIS Kilmarnock team should outclass the Dons.

That scenario, though, wouldn't surprise me either.

You really are beginning to believe your own hype! Not to say that you can’t win if we don’t play well.

Don't think I've been this nervous ahead of a game since the 2012 League Cup final.

Even the play-off against Falkirk I was always confident we'd have enough, even after losing the first leg 1-0. Mainly because mugging off Falkirk is what we do.

I'm never confident of us beating Aberdeen, but when you're this close to Hampden you always start thinking about could be.

We've got a good record against the rest of #TB4 since Clarke came in, so hopefully we can add the Dons to that list tonight!

Starting to shite it now.
How's everyone else's sphincters holding up?

Absolutely wracked with nerves. We've had good times and bad over the years, but I'm honestly struggling to cope with our lads doing so well after years of under performing. It's great to be a Killie fan right now, but it still feels a bit unreal. Only having seen what I can get on tv might have something to do with it.
Assuming we sweep the sheep aside, I'll be making a special effort to make the semi, before hopefully wrestling with my conscience over attendance at the final - in my time I've been to two losing finals and missed two where we've won. Part of me thinks I'm a jinx...

McInnes to play 7 defensively minded players with Adam Rooney trudging up and down the left flank, stevie may chasing shadows on his own up top with mulumbu dominating the midfield.
In other words, we'll shite it and killie will go through.
Post match McInnes to say we were unlucky but can now concentrate on the league.

Archived