Aberdeen V Kilmarnock

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

What time is the last train back to Glasgow central? Coming from Edinburgh but fearful of getting stranded if we go to extra time.

May just drive and forego the beer.

As I'm a pure amazing guy I will offer you a lift to Glasgow if the game goes to ET.  I'm not even going to Glasgow after the game as I live in Kilmarnock but I will help one of #TB4 out when I can.

If you want to take me up on this offer please PM me.

So that’s now Dicker, Boyd, Clarke all trying the reverse psychology thing.

McInnes trying to take the pressure off by saying it’s not a season defining game. Forced into it really given how nervous we looked on the ball at the weekend.

What ever happened to just getting wired in?

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hmm. Trainline suggesting the latest I can get is 21.57 to central then maybe make the 11.30pm from queen st to Edinburgh.

Think driving might be safer.

Probably so. I'm gonna need a drink to take the edge off tomorrow though. Feeling very similar to the LC quarter v Well earlier this season. VS a team on great form, midweek cup quarter, we're not clicking, good attendance, I'm shiting it. 

Will be bloody buzzin if we win though.

As I'm a pure amazing guy I will offer you a lift to Glasgow if the game goes to ET.  I'm not even going to Glasgow after the game as I live in Kilmarnock but I will help one of #TB4 out when I can.
If you want to take me up on this offer please PM me.

Whilst that it is a very kind offer I cannot accept.

I am just being lazy and trying to shoehorn a couple of beers into what I’m anticipating to be a pretty horrid evening. I will be just fine to drive myself.

Very much appreciate the offer though sir, although would expect nothing less from a fellow #TB4 lad.

Guest Bob Mahelp
18 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

So that’s now Dicker, Boyd, Clarke all trying the reverse psychology thing.

McInnes trying to take the pressure off by saying it’s not a season defining game. Forced into it really given how nervous we looked on the ball at the weekend.

What ever happened to just getting wired in?

Given that Killie haven't managed to beat us in God knows how long, I'm wondering what ever happened to just simply putting our best 11 out on the field and let them worry about us. They're excited, they're confident, and they've not sold 4k/8k (delete as appropriate) tickets because they think Aberdeen are going to win......but we're not playing Brazil 1970, we're playing fucking Kilmarnock in semi-decent form. 

If they don't get on top early on or if Aberdeen get in front, let's see how 'rocking' the ground is.

If McInnes can finally find it himself to put out our acknowledged, most dependable XI....the one that scored 18 goals in 5 games.....then we'll have a fighting chance.

Keeper, Logan, McKenna, O'Connor, Considine, Shinnie, McLean, Christie, McGinn, Rooney, GMS.

Defend as a team when necessary and get the ball forward to the wings fast and often. It's not fucking rocket science, so don't f**k it up Del.

I know that Aberdeen fans will agree but McInnes really annoys me with his constant tinkering for big games (or games when he's shat it).  I expect him to put out a similar team to the one mentioned on the previous post tomorrow.

7 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

After that dross on Saturday I am very excited to be heading down to Kilmarnock for my first visit to the town.
Best pubs near the station or the stadium?

There's a pub and a big hotel with a huge bar at the stadium.

On 3/11/2018 at 19:35, Menzel said:

Makes a change from your usual predictions.

Sorry, I'll try again.

High flying Aberdeen, playing the McInnes brand of scintillating, fast flowing football, will walk all over the out of form Kilmarnock.

Guest Bob Mahelp
39 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I know that Aberdeen fans will agree but McInnes really annoys me with his constant tinkering for big games (or games when he's shat it).  I expect him to put out a similar team to the one mentioned on the previous post tomorrow.

Every manager has weaknesses I suppose. 

McInnes's is that he's at heart, a conservative manager. Despite putting together attacking sides.....Hayes, Mcginn et al......when push has come to shove, he generally  can't help himself and starts to put out sides to counter the opposition. 

That's the point where it goes wrong. Ho hum. 

4 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

Sorry, I'll try again.

High flying Aberdeen, playing the McInnes brand of scintillating, fast flowing football, will walk all over the out of form Kilmarnock.

That would please me but I would't want you disappointed.

Just now, Menzel said:

That would please me but I would't want you disappointed.

I won't be able to attend so as long as we get a result I'll be happy, doesn't matter how we do it. 

The Partick Thistle match was genuinely a throwback to the Craig Brown days, forgive me for not being full of hope and spirit.

3 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Macs Bar is a great wee pub.   Assuming its still got a wee pool table too?  I'm not a big fan of B+G to be honest but I never have been.

I used to work in the B&G many years ago.  Naturally, it's went downhill since my departure.

Just now, Fide said:

I used to work in the B&G many years ago.  Naturally, it's went downhill since my departure.

Its a good pub don't get me wrong but I just don't really enjoy it.  I've never worked out whether its a nice pub trying to accommodate the working class or a shitehole that thinks its better than it actually is.

Macs Bar or Clansman for me.

18 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Its a good pub don't get me wrong but I just don't really enjoy it.  I've never worked out whether its a nice pub trying to accommodate the working class or a shitehole that thinks its better than it actually is.

Macs Bar or Clansman for me.

Having not lived in Killie for over 10 years, I can't comment on how it is now, but I'd say veering towards the latter from experience.

I was a fucking tremendous barman though, tbf.

Worrying thing is McInnes seems to have no idea what's wrong either. 

His fucking about with the top end of the pitch has killed our momentum up there. When we had GMS left, McGinn right and Christie central with Rooney up front, we looked a lot closer to last season's team than we have seen all season. Then Shinnie got suspended v Hibs and out came the McInnes tombola.

Precisely. We could be playing well for weeks before a big game then out of nowhere we will blunt our attacking threat and reduce our chances of winning the game. It's one of Del's big issues.

Despite reservations over Woodman and O'Connor, we have to go: Woodman; Logan, O'Connor, McKenna, Considine; McLean, Shinnie; McGinn, Christie, GMS; Rooney. Simply put our best team at present. And it sends a shiver down my spine given how crap Des has been and how shaky Woodman has been.

Season defining is an understatement. The rest of the season rides on this result. A win and we will likely pick up momentum in the League and have a reasonable chance in the semi. Lose and the apathy among the fan base grows massively, knives will be out for McInnes and our confidence will be that low that another two or three weeks of slump will occur allowing Hibernian into third place and probably kill our chances of Europe. It's that big.

Sportsound tomorrow night due to finances. Nervously listening. Good to see the camaraderie among the fans here, great to see fellow #TB4 members looking after each other.

1 hour ago, Fide said:

i like the Brass. 

Certainly not a shitehole. It's more expensive than most in the town but it's IMO one of the town's better pubs. Macks is okay but much prefer brass.

Have never liked the Clansman.

Archived