Aberdeen V Kilmarnock

4 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Thank god this isn’t on the telly. I’ve decided to just ignore it, and am looking forward to the 2018-2019 season.
Hope everyone has a lovely summer.

Such a negative attitude. 

Theres still 2 days of the season left.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Absolutely fucking dreading this

We are the complete opposite of having our shit together at the moment 

18 goals we banged in over 6 matches but our last four games have saw us score once

f**k knows what’s wrong with us at the moment 

Worrying thing is McInnes seems to have no idea what's wrong either. 

Lots of negative Dons on here given it the reverse psychology nonsense. 

As good a run as Killie have been on I would still choose to meet them in the semi. Mind you after yesterday I would not choose to play Cowdenbeath in the semi final.....

I have a feeling Aberdeen will win the tie on Tuesday night and progress. For once the expectation appears to be on Killie and that may just play into Aberdeen’s hands

I'm not buying this Aberdeen underdogs/negativity p!sh and neither is SC, so nice try lads. Ffs even Laurel n Hardy on Sportscene have jumped on the "Killie are favourites" bandwagon.

It will be a tough game against a team who have owned us for the last 5-6 years in the league & who we have never beaten in a Scottish Cup game.

If we play to our strengths we have a chance but we need to be on our A-game for 90 mins.

3 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

I'm not buying this Aberdeen underdogs/negativity p!sh and neither is SC, so nice try lads. Ffs even Laurel n Hardy on Sportscene have jumped on the "Killie are favourites" bandwagon.

It will be a tough game against a team who have owned us for the last 5-6 years in the league & who we have never beaten in a Scottish Cup game.

If we play to our strengths we have a chance but we need to be on our A-game for 90 mins.

This.  The reverse psychology from the Dons fans isn't washing.

They remain, in all seriousness, the clear favourites, and I will be cockahoop if we progress.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Fide said:

They remain, in all seriousness, the clear favourites, and I will be cockahoop if we progress.

Reverse psychology or not, I seriously doubt if anything anyone posts on here will influence the outcome of the game.

But let's put it another way. The current form of both sides suggests Kilmarnock should win.

Anyone disagree with that ?

25 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Reverse psychology or not, I seriously doubt if anything anyone posts on here will influence the outcome of the game.

But let's put it another way. The current form of both sides suggests Kilmarnock should win.

Anyone disagree with that ?

On paper, no.  However, a lifetime of supporting Kilmarnock has taught me to take nothing for granted in football.

Of course we’re clear favourites, we’re the Famous Aberdeen. Can’t see anything other than the Dandies by 2 goals.

This might be reverse reverse psychology though, which means I haven’t a fucking clue what’ll happen.

It’ll be shite though.

I'd still say Aberdeen are favourites, but there's no doubt this is the closest the two teams have been ahead of a fixture in a long time. Kilmarnock on an absolutely fantastic run, while Aberdeen are experiencing a small dip - though personally I think far too much is being made of it. They're still having a very good season, without perhaps hitting the heights of recent years where they've been comfortably second. Still worried as they're a dangerous team. 

I think the nature of the two defeats he's suffered at the hands of the Aberdeen, and finding a better system that got us the draw last time out, will have given Clarke a lot of lessons as to how to finally beat Aberdeen. 

Actually looking forward to us playing on a surface which doesn’t resemble a tattie field, albeit it’s not grass.

I really hope McInnes doesn’t overthink this. Best chance of winning is keeping it simple.

He will though. I fully expect to see more defensive players in the starting line up. No idea what McInnes sees in o connor, everytime I've seem him he's been brutal.

His tactics and starting elevens are often poor and it's not a recent thing. It's been like that since he got the job.

I wish he's play to our strengths rather than worrying do much about the opposition, maybe then we'll get a result in a big game.

Can only hope....

I don't rate O'Connor, but there is little to gain from fiddling with our defence after Saturday - he and McKenna did fine, and Arnason has hardly set the heather alight when given opportunities. It was the offensive rather than defensive players who were the bigger cause for concern (for a change) after the Thistle game, I felt. 

It’s no wonder that guesstimated tickets sales always vary in number.

In the queue to pick up my tickets there (dreadful setup in the shop to be honest) and I overheard comments from behind the till about the top of the East stand being completely sold out. I then heard the lady behind the till say, when asked if there was any East tickets left, tell the guy in front of me that he got the last east stand ticket.

Despite both of these issues I am the proud owner of a top section east stand ticket.

Archived