Aberdeen V Kilmarnock

21 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

I would expect, if we make it, that Killie would take a minimum of 10,000.  I would expect Motherwell to take the same.  Personally I would prefer Tynecastle for atmosphere but Hampden seems like the only way to ensure everyone who wants to go can go.

For a semi final that is on lunchtime terrestrial TV, that is utter nonsense. If it’s Motherwell v Aberdeen the crowd will be around 17,000 tops, and for Motherwell v Kilmarnock around 12,000, if that.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With first Boyd having a real go at the Aberdeen players, and now Clarke slating the Aberdeen manager, Kilmarnock trying hard to create a rivalry between them and the team furthest away from them, geographically.

11 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

If, and it is still a big ask, should we win next Tuesday I reckon there will be around 12-14,000 at the semi final. 

If it is a Killie v Motherwell semi final it is absolutely crazy playing the game at Hampden.

The last time Killie were in a cup semi, it was the league cup in 2012. Killie took over 15000 to that game.

11 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

If, and it is still a big ask, should we win next Tuesday I reckon there will be around 12-14,000 at the semi final. 

If it is a Killie v Motherwell semi final it is absolutely crazy playing the game at Hampden.

I'd rather play at Hampden than have both sets of fans traipsing over to Edinburgh.

36 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

For a semi final that is on lunchtime terrestrial TV, that is utter nonsense. If it’s Motherwell v Aberdeen the crowd will be around 17,000 tops, and for Motherwell v Kilmarnock around 12,000, if that.

I disagree.  Would be very surprised if we don't take at least 10,000.  Regarding Aberdeen (travel) and Motherwell (unsure how many they will take) I can't really say but would expect both clubs support to be similar to ours.

2 minutes ago, the west curve said:

The last time Killie were in a cup semi, it was the league cup in 2012. Killie took over 15000 to that game.

That was a derby to be fair so the attendance would always be higher.  The only other semi's we can compare to are also League Cups which I'm sure everyone agrees are never viewed as big as Scottish Cup games so its hard to judge.

I made a point earlier about playing the game at Hampden to ensure everyone who wants a ticket can get one.  However I've since changed my opinion.  Play it at either Tynecastle or Easter Road and allow all season ticket holders the option of buying 2 tickets.  Put the rest of public sale and, if people bitch about not getting a ticket, let the clubs use that as a marketing ploy to sell more season tickets the following season.

33 minutes ago, the west curve said:

Motherwell only took about 6-7,000 to their semi final against Rangers earlier in the season, so why will they all of a sudden bring 10,000+ against us or Aberdeen?

29 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'd rather play at Hampden than have both sets of fans traipsing over to Edinburgh.

Good for you.  I don't think semi finals should be played at Hamden either, it should only be used for the final. 

I am entitled to my opinion , as you are, and  I would rather play somewhere  where there is an atmosphere in the ground.  The atmosphere at Fir Park when we beat Falkirk was fantastic, as was easter Road in 1997.   

6 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

Motherwell only took about 6-7,000 to their semi final against Rangers earlier in the season, so why will they all of a sudden bring 10,000+ against us or Aberdeen?

I would guess that the crowd would be bigger because it's the Scottish Cup, and it's not against Rangers.

30 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

Good for you.  I don't think semi finals should be played at Hamden either, it should only be used for the final. 

I am entitled to my opinion , as you are, and  I would rather play somewhere  where there is an atmosphere in the ground.  The atmosphere at Fir Park when we beat Falkirk was fantastic, as was easter Road in 1997.   

Agree with this point as I would rather head to Tynecastle or Easter Rd and not just because I live in Edinburgh.  Mainly as it would be a sold out stadium or thereabouts rather than the inevitable p1sh crowd comments that will dominate the message boards and thoughts of viewers around the globe. 

To your other point. I know not how many fans we will take to the semi final whether against Aberdeen or Killie, but it is fair to assume that as it is not v one half of the arse cheeks we will take more than we did v Rangers in league cup. 

As it happens I am rooting for Killie. I felt we were fairly evenly matched in league game recently and in fact thought we edged it - that and I would rather see Well or Killie in final as it happens less often than Aberdeen.  That said we have also beaten Aberdeen twice this season. Just delighted it will not be Rangers or Celtic....

32 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Agree with this point as I would rather head to Tynecastle or Easter Rd and not just because I live in Edinburgh.  Mainly as it would be a sold out stadium or thereabouts rather than the inevitable p1sh crowd comments that will dominate the message boards and thoughts of viewers around the globe. 

To your other point. I know not how many fans we will take to the semi final whether against Aberdeen or Killie, but it is fair to assume that as it is not v one half of the arse cheeks we will take more than we did v Rangers in league cup. 

As it happens I am rooting for Killie. I felt we were fairly evenly matched in league game recently and in fact thought we edged it - that and I would rather see Well or Killie in final as it happens less often than Aberdeen.  That said we have also beaten Aberdeen twice this season. Just delighted it will not be Rangers or Celtic....

I know that we may not be in the semis, but if you ask any Aberdeen supporter for their best experience at a semi in recent years, it would be the atmosphere generated at Tynecastle against Saints. Sold out Stadium, drunken fans, it just can’t be replicated at Hampden.

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I know that we may not be in the semis, but if you ask any Aberdeen supporter for their best experience at a semi in recent years, it would be the atmosphere generated at Tynecastle against Saints. Sold out Stadium, drunken fans, it just can’t be replicated at Hampden.

That is one of the reasons I would rather not go to Hampden.   I am old enough to remember the semi final in 1970 against Aberdeen at a sold out Muirton Park too.  It was electric inside that ground that day (and wild)

On 07/03/2018 at 10:31, Dindeleux said:

Clearly Aberdeen fans haven’t got over the 95/96 whitewash.

Anyway Dons we’re all #TB4 so please act with some decorum.

Please, it is your manager and staff (Boyd) committing heinous acts of #TB4 on #TB4 violence (yes, violence).

I have fond memories of the LC semi at Tynecastle a few years back - 3pm Sat with a stadium three-quarters full of drunk people wearing red.  One of the best domestic games ever atmosphere wise.

Only problem with having to face Motherwell there, is the tiny pitch at Tynecastle suits the more robust style of play favoured by Hearts/ Motherwell - rather than the Netherlands 1974 style of football that Kilmarnock and Aberdeen want to play (surface permitting), where the wide expanses of Hampden would be better.

45 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Good post and exactly my sentiments.   

Hopefully it will be us who get there, and don't think there is too much between the 2 teams.

1 hour ago, paul wright scores said:

That is one of the reasons I would rather not go to Hampden.   I am old enough to remember the semi final in 1970 against Aberdeen at a sold out Muirton Park too.  It was electric inside that ground that day (and wild)

Just a tad too wild, really. What an experience though. I was 14.

28 minutes ago, lonewolfie said:

Quite laughable this pillory of JJ.
Dons have the master of falling down Kenny McLean.

There is a major difference. Kenny McLean goes down, no fouls given. Jordan Jones goes down, foul given every time.

Archived