Aberdeen V Kilmarnock

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1300+ away tickets sold so far & a steady stream buying since the game was confirmed as on according to the Killie shop staff.

Wishing a safe journey to everyone travelling to the match. I just hope the trains are back to something resembling normality or personally I'm screwed, thou they have been running a reduced service today [emoji3].

PS.... The Killie Zone, Nelson Street will stay open till 5.30pm tonight & tickets will be on sale at The Killie Shop, Rugby Park from 8am tomorrow morning for any last minute purchases.

Glad it's on - weather isn't anything like as bad today in the north-east, but the biting wind hasn't gone away.

Heard earlier in the week the two strikers for Killie were fitness doubts, now it seems Mulumbu is.  The latter was dominant for long spells of the last game here - Shinnie really didn't enjoy playing against him.

Will be weird with nobody in the home section of the South Stand - and the fact they can fit every South Stand home ticket sold in the Upper Dick maybe indicates that a mixture of the weather and two more dire performances in bigger matches means much of the home support have turned their backs on this cup tie.

Glad it's on - weather isn't anything like as bad today in the north-east, but the biting wind hasn't gone away.
Heard earlier in the week the two strikers for Killie were fitness doubts, now it seems Mulumbu is.  The latter was dominant for long spells of the last game here - Shinnie really didn't enjoy playing against him.
Will be weird with nobody in the home section of the South Stand - and the fact they can fit every South Stand home ticket sold in the Upper Dick maybe indicates that a mixture of the weather and two more dire performances in bigger matches means much of the home support have turned their backs on this cup tie.

Very true. I know 4 or 5 season ticket holders that have turned their back on this one due to dire performances.

Switched from RDU to Main this afternoon so looking forward to my Werthers Original tomorrow. Sweetie rustler ASC

I think this will be McInnes' team: Woodman; Logan, Arnason, McKenna, Shinnie; O'Connor, McLean; McGinn, Christie, Mackay-Steven; May. 

We will miss Shinnie's tenacity in midfield, but needs must with Considine suspended. He will at least provide more of a direct attacking threat from left-back than Considine. 

McInnes has an excellent record with us against Kilmarnock, but that perhaps just makes me more concerned that they are due a victory, especially because we have already beaten them twice since Clarke's appointment. Either way, I'm expecting a tight, close game - if not a low-scoring draw, then one goal in it either way. 

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Pretty poor if some have turned there back as this is our biggest game of the season so far.

Killie have lost 2 in 17 games  and that was against us - so hopefully do the same again tomorrow.  Mulumbu injured is a massive bonus for us as he was outstanding the last time we played him.  

32 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Pretty poor if some have turned there back as this is our biggest game of the season so far.

Killie have lost 2 in 17 games  and that was against us - so hopefully do the same again tomorrow.  Mulumbu injured is a massive bonus for us as he was outstanding the last time we played him.  

Couldn’t agree more with your comment on our fans. Regardless of what has happened in the lead up to this match, it is a home quarter final Scottish Cup match. It’s a competition that we are desperate, and capable of winning. We are playing the form team of the country and need to win it with the backing of our fans. I love the fans that turn up for matches, but loathe the ones that are staying away because we have lost a couple of big games recently. We saw all the muppets giving the team utter dogs abuse at the end of the Hibs match two weeks ago. To some of these people, we should never lose a match and should never play badly. I wouldn’t be surprised if the crowd was under 8,000 tomorrow, and that she allowing for around 1,500 Killie fans coming up the road. The weather can’t be used as an excuse because ticket sales were dreadful before the snows came. If we lose Derek McInnes because of this appalling apathy, we’ll get what we deserve. Our away fans may have been voted away fans of the season, but for loyalty, we are near the bottom of the pile.

For those travelling via car & bus tomorrow, Scott McClymont posted on Twitter, the Killie team arrived in good time this evening, with all routes gritted & no problems encountered.

Let's hope it's still the same tomorrow morning. Stay safe troops.....

PS..... Apparently there is a PAY AT THE GATE option in operation for those Killie fans who were unable to make it earlier this week for tickets.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

For those travelling via car & bus tomorrow, Scott McClymont posted on Twitter, the Killie team arrived in good time this evening, with all routes gritted & no problems encountered.

Aberdeen council finally bought a gritter? The pavements were all icy and touched by neither salt nor sand when the Hibs went up to get humped 4-1 in December.

Aberdeen council finally bought a gritter? The pavements were all icy and touched by neither salt nor sand when the Hibs went up to get humped 4-1 in December.

Fortunately, a luxury only afforded to a fellow member of #TB4 [emoji12]

Lot of snow in Aberdeen last night/this morning - would expect Aberdeen to look at this again before Killie fans set off for the game.

That'll need to be soon. We're leaving Glasgow in less than 2.5 hours so killie fans will be leaving soon.
Traffic cams on the road south of Aberdeen look fine but more snow forecast

I was quietly confident about this match, however, missing Mulumbu is going to make this match even more difficult. 

Probably going to be a 3-1 Aberdeen win (as it always seems to be now) Jones will probably get our goal. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

Absolutely huge game for the Dons today, one of these season defining ones that come along from time to time. 

Up against the form team in the country with 2 lousy performances in our last 2 games, on a glue pot of a pitch with less than 10K there. What can go wrong ?

Only thing that heartens me is that it's almost unheard of us to lose 3 games in a row under McInnes, and I can't remember us not scoring for 3 games in a row. 

Wouldn't surprise me to see a 1-1 draw, and for the Dons to turn over Killie in the replay. 

Archived