Clyde Vs Cowdown

38 minutes ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Great to finally see us playing good football again, looking more comfortable with every game now players are getting to know each other, hungry young players that have the quality to be in a higher league. Hopefully we can keep McStay, Grant for next season.. wouldn’t mind Adam Martin on loan for next season, can’t see Boyle and Gogill being here next season.. We will keep Goodwillie I imagine and Lang on a 2 year deal.. it’s looking good for the mighty Clyde :thumsup2 thank you Danny Lennon and Allan Moore.

not to mention the massive improvement in the likes of Lamont and Currie.

Adam Martin will not be coming back unless he gets some more game time.

Hard to change a winning team, but he certainly offers something different to what we have.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, macclyde+ said:

Adam Martin will not be coming back unless he gets some more game time.

Hard to change a winning team, but he certainly offers something different to what we have.

I was thinkin this as well probably getting as much game time as he would be with Alloa but as you said we are winning games

As I said the day after the window closed, the best  news on the transfer activity we had was that no one else signed Goodwillie. Everybody knows he is currently playing way way below his true level. Unfortunately for him, the issues that come with his signing will no doubt deter 99% of teams who would love to have him. The publicity at a higher level would require a very brave chairman and manager to go with it. Sefishly of course I hope that continues to turn out for us although as a player and what he has contributed to, if he should go then he would go with my undying gratitude. 

Lennon on the other hand will be very difficult to hold on to if he continues to improve the team as he is currently, that is football and despite being gutted when it happens there will be very little we can do about it other than enjoy it while we can and see what that success might be. 

8 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Had a similar thought on Lennon, how long is his contract for does anyone know? 

Also, if Lennon was to go sometime down the line, promoting allan Moore up could be a quick and good replacement. 

Pretty sure his contract is until the end of next season

No one will touch Goodwillie but on the plus side he is playing regular football, scoring goals and adored by fans.. to be honest the only club he really did well with was Dundee Utd so he could he thinkin with Clyde he could actually pick up silverware (League next season) and from what I’ve heard he is getting a good wage.

with the signings we have made it’s realistic  

Had a similar thought on Lennon, how long is his contract for does anyone know? 
Also, if Lennon was to go sometime down the line, promoting allan Moore up could be a quick and good replacement. 

Regardless of what you think about Broadwood, the fact it is a modern style stadium is and always will be a selling point and would probably be a factor in a decision for DL to stay. Now, if we were playing at Shettleston, I would expect him to jump ship at the first opportunity, purely based on the likely challenges he would have with facilities. He will see Broadwood as a good foundation for hosting higher level games and that might convince him to stay the distance.

DGW, hopefully he doesn't pick up an injury as there aren't a lot of forwards on the books.  If / when he finally moves on at some point, suspect it would be down south or possibly even abroad.

As for DL, can't see a lot of attractive alternatives for him unless it was at Championship level at least.  To get a gig there he'd likely need to at least get us promoted. If he managed that this season it would be an astonishing achievement but I don't see the jobs being available over the summer the way the leagues are looking.

What's he going to do, jump ship & try it all over again with the Queenies ? :rolleyes:

17 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Doubt Goodwillie will stay in League 2 if there is an offer from higher which I’m sure will come. Same for Lennon?

Yea IF there's an offer, every team had a chance before we signed him, those struggling with relegation and trying to get in top 4 or sealing the tittle must be kicking themselves.... Och well at least you kept the name of your clubs respectable.. Loooozzers 

If I'm correct, Danny Lennon was without a club for over a year before coming to Clyde.

If Clyde is to be a stepping stone he'll need to do much more than win 5 games in a row.

As for Goodwillie, I've no idea how he hasn't missed a match for Clyde due to injury given the number of late tackles he's on the wrong end of.

8 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

If I'm correct, Danny Lennon was without a club for over a year before coming to Clyde.

If Clyde is to be a stepping stone he'll need to do much more than win 5 games in a row.

As for Goodwillie, I've no idea how he hasn't missed a match for Clyde due to injury given the number of late tackles he's on the wrong end of.

Not even subbed, any other player would have walked off

8 hours ago, clyde_r_us said:

Yea IF there's an offer, every team had a chance before we signed him, those struggling with relegation and trying to get in top 4 or sealing the tittle must be kicking themselves.... Och well at least you kept the name of your clubs respectable.. Loooozzers 

Tbf mate, Goodwillie is class, but I doubt Stenny, Peterhead and ourselves are kicking ourselves at not signing him.

16 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Tbf mate, Goodwillie is class, but I doubt Stenny, Peterhead and ourselves are kicking ourselves at not signing him.

Aye right,  the position the teamsyou mention and where they are in the league, add DGW  to any of those teams you would win this league no doubts, just a pity we started the season with a feckin  eejit in charge or more than likely we would also be up there.

Archived