Mathematical Milestones 2017/18

9 hours ago, Smeato said:

I know we're still a Champ side but we only need 8 points in the last 7 games to win the league. Less if Livingston and Utd drop any. 

66 points after 29 matches.

Hibs were at 56 points after 29 matches last season, and won the league with 71 total. 

I'll be honest Smeato, I'm looking forward to your lot coming back up. Hopefully at the expense of Ross County. It's a much more convenient away day.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Smeato said:

I know we're still a Champ side but we only need 8 points in the last 7 games to win the league. Less if Livingston and Utd drop any. 

66 points after 29 matches.

Hibs were at 56 points after 29 matches last season, and won the league with 71 total. 

very brave.

i assume you haven't followed st mirren long?

A win for Hearts tomorrow will mean that the Top 6 is sorted, if Hearts don't win then Motherwell will have to beat Aberdeen on Tuesday to take it to the last weekend before the split, Hamilton's defeat today rules them out of Top 6 contention.

Killie have been knocked out of title contention, despite winning today. Hibs could be out of contention in midweek if they lose to Accies and Celtic beat Dundee.

Aberdeen could seal a Top 5 finish in midweek if Hearts fail to beat Dundee tomorrow and Aberdeen win at Motherwell.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing much in the Top Half after todays results apart from that Hibs win over Celtic means that they will definitely finish ahead of their Edinburgh rivals Hearts. A 'Rangers' defeat tomorrow will leave the title as a two horse race between Celtic and Aberdeen.

In the bottom half, Ross County's failure to beat Motherwell means that both Motherwell and St Johnstone are safe from the automatic drop (as no matter what the outcome of the Ross Co v Partick game, the most that both teams can reach is 37pts) however, both those sides could yet finish in 11th place and land in the playoff.

Nothing much in the Top Half after todays results apart from that Hibs win over Celtic means that they will definitely finish ahead of their Edinburgh rivals Hearts. A 'Rangers' defeat tomorrow will leave the title as a two horse race between Celtic and Aberdeen. In the bottom half, Ross County's failure to beat Motherwell means that both Motherwell and St Johnstone are safe from the automatic drop (as no matter what the outcome of the Ross Co v Partick game, the most that both teams can reach is 37pts) however, both those sides could yet finish in 11th place and land in the playoff.

Motherwell and Saint Johnstone stay up with 3 matches to spare

Kilmarnock can’t catch Hibs but only need a point at Ibrox to secure 5th (or Celtic to get a point at Tynecastle)

As has been discussed, Celtic can seal the Championship with a win over 'Rangers' tomorrow, however, a draw will leave it as a two horse race between Celtic and Aberdeen and a 'Rangers' win will mean we have a three horse title race.

Hibs' win over Killie today seals a top 4 place for them, which will mean European football, if Celtic win the Scottish Cup.

As top cat has said, Saints and Motherwell are now guaranteed Premiership football next season.

As for next weekend in the bottom half, a draw between Hamilton and Dundee will see both safe from the automatic drop if Ross Co lose to Thistle on Friday night. A win for either Hamilton or Dundee will see them safe from the automatic drop if Ross Co fail to win. 

Archived