Scottish Football related dissertation

Hi all.
I am a 4th year business student at GCU and i was wondering if anyone would like to help me out with my dissertation. I require fans of Scottish Premiership clubs over the age of 18 to fill in my survey if you have the time.
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/XCGK2F5

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Can’t comment, I’m a Dundee Utd fan, however, if you fail repeatedly, ask me again in 2021.

Are you not in the big league any more? When/how did this happen? 

I’ve no idea, it’s been a crazy downward spiral.
I’ve no qualms about it though, nobody “deserves” to be in the top league, and arseholes that say Utd deserve to be there, are exactly that.
Soccer teams will find their own level, according to their ability on the pitch, not son past glories.

My use of “soccer” was entirely ironic & probably indicative of our status in football in Scotland. Anyway, my big team is Montrose!

Just now, Brother Blades said:

I’ve no idea, it’s been a crazy downward spiral.
I’ve no qualms about it though, nobody “deserves” to be in the top league, and arseholes that say Utd deserve to be there, are exactly that.
Soccer teams will find their own level, according to their ability on the pitch, not son past glories.

My use of “soccer” was entirely ironic & probably indicative of our status in football in Scotland. Anyway, my big team is Montrose!

Still think of you guys as a club that plays in finals - like the UEFA Cup and Irn Bru Cup. Expect the mighty Stewart Petrie will have Montrose lifting back to back titles in the next few years. 

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Still think of you guys as a club that plays in finals - like the UEFA Cup and Irn Bru Cup. Expect the mighty Stewart Petrie will have Montrose lifting back to back titles in the next few years. 

Damn right!! But I'll settle for one in the meantime.

1 minute ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Might be worth asking Div to set up a separate forum just for all the students asking for surveys. 

Not a member of P+B already? For shame. 

If they are members and have actively contributed to the site then not a problem.

Those who join just to abuse our communities generosity can f**k right off.

14 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

If they are members and have actively contributed to the site then not a problem.

Those who join just to abuse our communities generosity can f**k right off.

Especially fans of the cheeks!

4 hours ago, cumbernauldceltic said:

Hi all.

I am a 4th year business student at GCU and i was wondering if anyone would like to help me out with my dissertation. I require fans of Scottish Premiership clubs over the age of 18 to fill in my survey if you have the time.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/XCGK2F5

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

In your 3+ years at University, did anybody talk to you about how to compose survey questions to obtain meaningful results?

31 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

In your 3+ years at University, did anybody talk to you about how to compose survey questions to obtain meaningful results?

They used to teach research methods as a 3rd year class. That survey would never have made the grade.

- Crazy age ranges used that have no consistency and no real basis for their use

- Running a survey for SPFL top flight fans and having 13 options for which club a responder supports. The 13th option being "none of the above". If you want the views of SPFL top flight fans then "none of the above" is going to be of absolutely no value to your data.

I hated Margaret Anne Coulter when she taught it. But I vaguely remember what she taught.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

A degree dissertation based on football is one step behind an Cake Decorating Certificate.

Theres not a year goes by without hundreds of honours students picking a football-related dissertation topic.

Surely by now Scottish football has surveyed, considered and discussed every element that it's possible to cover in a dissertation? I know they're banning certain subjects from Mastermind. Universities should ban football fans from doing football related dissertations.

I always wonder when you see these threads from people who've joined specifically to peddle some shitey questionnaire. Are they such a big football fan that they'll write a university dissertation about the sport, but that they won't post online on the biggest forum about Scottish football? Are they so inept that they want the data they collect to be from a bunch of people they don't know anything about, and can't verify? Are they a P&B regular afraid of the mockery for being unable to write even vaguely logical questions? The mind boggles.

Archived