Head of the Commonwealth

Antlion

Liz Windsor’s piss must be boiling this morning. Representatives of 52 countries are meeting today in London, and likely to discuss her successor as Head of the Commonwealth:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/feb/13/commonwealth-group-meeting-queens-successor-bbc

Naturally Liz has been campaigning hard to get her son the job, due to his having magic blood that qualifies him (in the same way that many retiring surgeons send their first-born sons to perform surgery to try and win them a job at the hospital). However, the role is not hereditary, despite what people often (are encouraged to) think.

Who should lead the Commonwealth? Once Liz shuffled off this mortal coil, it seems to me to make sense for its ceremonial head to be drawn from each country for a period (say five years), to further erode the imperialist overtones of the organisation.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a sneaking feeling that Big Liz might secretly harbour a wish for the member states to pass Charlie over, despite her campaigning ‘ If she really thought he’d cut it, in a position of diplomatic influence and responsibility she would have given him a shot at the main gig by now and enjoyed her retirement?

Got a sneaking feeling that Big Liz might secretly harbour a wish for the member states to pass Charlie over, despite her campaigning ‘ If she really thought he’d cut it, in a position of diplomatic influence and responsibility she would have given him a shot at the main gig by now and enjoyed her retirement?

Abdication is only for the real legends, like Charles V the Habsburg top boi.

Big Liz lol.  So craven.  I bet you'd lay your jacket over a puddle for her.

Gawd love her, she’s some gal though eh! If her old ma is anything to go by she’s got at least another 10 years at the top in here!
Her Platinum Jubilee celebrations in 2022 should be something special. I do love a right Royal street party with all the bunting, Union Jack paper hats and napkins, etc....the full works!! It brings the community a real sense of togetherness don’t you think Pep?
I for one just cannae wait.

1 minute ago, RedRob72 said:

Gawd love her, she’s some gal though eh! If her old ma is anything to go by she’s got at least another 10 years at the top in here!
Her Platinum Jubilee celebrations in 2022 should be something special. I do love a right Royal street party with all the bunting, Union Jack paper hats and napkins, etc....the full works!! It brings the community a real sense of togetherness don’t you think Pep?

Lol.  You're probably serious too.  A grown man lol.

7 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Hopefully she's deed by then...and the Monarchy

Archived