Hibernian vs Aberdeen

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aberdeen. yXAbrOQ.png
Absolute fucking shitebags. Praying we play your joke outfit at Hampden this season.

The last time this clown made a bold prediction involving Hearts and The Famous, we were 3-0 up at half time and he went into hiding for several months afterwards.

On 12/02/2018 at 20:55, Zing. said:

GMS up against Ambrose would most definitely end in a pumping for us. 

iib5slG.png

On 12/02/2018 at 23:34, lubo_blaha said:

Hopefully it shouldn’t be too much of an issue with GMS and the superior McGinn up against Ambrose/Stevenson etc.

In the last 6 games we’ve scored 4 on 3 occasions and got 3 twice. We also scored 4 (should’ve been 5) against Hibs last time. Hopefully more of the same.

k0cFLv0.png

12 hours ago, Zing. said:

Efe Ambrose is going to play right back up against GMS again, isnt he? 

7372F683-FCF6-4C14-8637-E2533EBC6D4C.png.7cbaadbe1ece67a7ad705d65af55851b.png

m3r9Tqj.gif

On 12/02/2018 at 14:59, RussellAnderson said:

IMG_0045.jpg
The Hibs are fucking SHITEING it from GMS. Watch out lads, he's coming for you.

fcK8dxK.gif

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

The last time this clown made a bold prediction involving Hearts and The Famous, we were 3-0 up at half time and he went into hiding for several months afterwards.

I remember this fondly. Did he not say he was finished with Hearts? :lol:

Its hard to work out who this wee fanny hates more ??

Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen or himself.

Wonderful result and performance today, what a cracker we have in store for next weekend.

To be fair to Aberdeen, they did well to limit the score line to 2-0; the introduction of Árnason, their fourth centre-back on the pitch, for Nwkali was a master stroke by McInnes. Without the change, we would have gone one better than The Dons at Pittodrie: we would have ended them as a club. The only way they were beating us today was via grievous bodily harm.

Of course, Lennon deserves plaudits for being forced to drop Barker and play 3-5-2; still, McInnes was undoubtedly the better manager on the day by playing seven in the backline to counter our two forwards and The False m9. The Aberdeen players were tactically aware enough to foul Hibs every time we played a pass; The Dons shown exceptional vision by trying to put our best players out injured for the rest of the season. They may have failed, but the key difference between the sides is that they tried.

Gary Mackay-Steven was one of their hardest workers today, but he never got close to the Nigerian Prince, finding himself confined to The Flying Squirrel’s pocket instead. Darren McGregor had nothing to worry about this time around; even when GMS switched sides to find more luck on the right, he was stopped by Stevenson. Our diminutive defender was found to be our very own Cannavaro, when he played centre-back against Rangers. Along with Paulo Maldini & Dazessandro Nesta, we were never going to be troubled by their 'superior' forwards. Mackay-Steven was eventually substituted after getting drowned out of the game by the aforementioned Canalvaro:shutup

Boyle looked high in spirits today – as he has continued to be since the beginning of his bender during the winter break. You’d have thought Boyle would be affected by this, but his presence alone was enough to intoxicate Mackay-Steven and Considine.

Kamberi & MacLaren must have been taking shots with Boyle all week because they couldn’t strike a match never mind a ball in the first half. Fortunately, Kamberi got into the flow of the game and helped draw defenders out, giving MacLaren space to run in behind them. MacLaren looked under the influence whenever he got in front of goal. The Aussie was getting into great positions but must have got drunk on the amount of Reverse Shroo Balls™ he was served; he could have had a hat-trick from one-on-ones. Woodman looked like a capable shot-stopper though, regardless of MacLaren's unpolished finishing.

Allan influenced the game from inside their half. He was hungry for the ball throughout the game and shown a bit of grit & drive without the ball. I felt that we played a too much through him in the first half though; on several occasions, despite McGeouch or McGinn in a great position with the ball, we played the ball backwards to Allan and allowed Aberdeen to get bodies back in their box. Nevertheless, McGeouch & McGinn picked the ball up from deep and drove us forward; no matter how much I may wax lyrical about the difference Allan makes to the side, McTickTock keeps us ticking along whilst McGinn drags the opposition around the pitch.

McGeouch & McGinn shared playmaking duties with Allan, creating a Bermuda Triangle on the pitch. Whenever an opposition player wandered between them, they went missing and disappeared from the game. No Don can contend with wave after wave of mysterious maestros manoeuvring about the centre-circle and threading passes between the wool-worriers' legs. Our Judas – the Messiah (the very naughty Bhoy) – got into great positions to perform miraculous passes; The Chubby Baller's RSBs™ are so precise, he doesn't feint with his arm when playing the ball: it's an involuntary Shearer celebration. 

McGregor looked a bit loose on the ball again, but he has been much better since returning from injury. The infamous ‘Shanlon’ & ‘Shambrose’ were making box-to-box runs like they were half-backs from the 1950s. I suppose they had to pass the time somehow, since they had little to do in defence. Ambrose was given enough to time on the ball to indulge in his favourite pastime of cigar-smoking and strolling across the Easter Road surface in his slippers.

Efe Ambrose was so far ahead of the game, he made Scott Allan’s gift of foresight look like a glimpse into the past. He played like the game was scripted; at times, I had to question whether there genuinely was match-fixing in progress. Either Ambrose paid-off the opposition, using Hamilton’s £1million ‘donation’ to the Nigerian Prince, or he is the league’s best ever 'box-to-box centre-right-half-back-forward'. With Lewis Stevenson on the other side of him, we have two players capable of any position in the Kama Sutra. Although Stevenson is adept at playing in any position, Ambrose creates a better position for himself. Efetobore must be the most antonymic name in football. He bores holes in their defence and fills the gaps in our defence better than a Dundee Caulker.

Going back to @HibsFan's stat before the game: we have ended our winless Home run in the league against Aberdeen with the same scoreline. Liam Miller was Man Of The Match that day, back in 2009, and I believe that today's 'minute-applause' offered a fitting tribute for his contribution to the club. There were a lot of Aberdeen fans chanting his name too. I'm glad that our progression as a club since Miller left Hibs has resulted in a larger crowd being in attendance for this particular game. He deserved a good turnout and applause.

14 hours ago, The Ginger Prince said:

How the f**k was McLean not given a second yellow for that challenge on McGeouch :lol:

never a booking. Hibs players showed Lenny's influence by surrounding the ref trying to get mclean sent off for a standard, late to the ball, non-dangerous tackle from the side. disgraceful.

All this after mcgregor stayed on after elbowing GMS.

There was no need as Hibs were totally bossing us. Especially Allan and McGeough.

never a booking. Hibs players showed Lenny's influence by surrounding the ref trying to get mclean sent off for a standard, late to the ball, non-dangerous tackle from the side. disgraceful.
All this after mcgregor stayed on after elbowing GMS.
There was no need as Hibs were totally bossing us. Especially Allan and McGeough.

Are you winding me up?

He actually tried to kill Scott Allan with that assault. It was as clear a yellow card as you’re ever likely to see.

5 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Are you winding me up?

He actually tried to kill Scott Allan with that assault. It was as clear a yellow card as you’re ever likely to see.

nope.

Although by Dallas' standards it could have been a booking.

nope.
Although by Dallas' standards it could have been a booking.

Listen fella, it’s not easy to get over a game in which your team were taught a footballing lesson and I get that you’re lashing out at anyone just now but Andrew Dallas would be the last person on my mind. He actually tried his best to keep you in the game with some of his decisions.

I can sort of see why McLean wasn’t sent off. The game was as one sided a game as I’ve ever seen, if Aberdeen go down to ten men it’s a double figures scenario. To people looking in, the credibility of the Scottish game would have came into question had a team on our top flight been beaten so badly. You’ve Andrew Dallas to thank for having Scottish Football, and Aberdeen’s, best interests at heart.

2 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Listen fella, it’s not easy to get over a game in which your team were taught a footballing lesson and I get that you’re lashing out at anyone just now but Andrew Dallas would be the last person on my mind. He actually tried his best to keep you in the game with some of his decisions.

I can sort of see why McLean wasn’t sent off. The game was as one sided a game as I’ve ever seen, if Aberdeen go down to ten men it’s a double figures scenario. To people looking in, the credibility of the Scottish game would have came into question had a team on our top flight been beaten so badly. You’ve Andrew Dallas to thank for having Scottish Football, and Aberdeen’s, best interests at heart.

I'm not denying that we took a painful spanking, and would have irrespective of the ref.

Apart from missing out on a corner there wasn't a dodgy decision that went our way.  This is an objective scientific fact.

Why can't hibees enjoy a deserved win without pretending they have done so in the face of injustice?

Archived