Hibernian vs Aberdeen

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, HAMLISCH said:

Hibernian are winless in their past nine top flight against Aberdeen, failing to score in seven of those games.

That's staggering.  Come on Lenny get intae thum. 

You actively want Rangers to finish 2nd don't you? Make all this noise about hating one another, but they're actually fingerblasting  behind closed doors. Vile specimens.

5 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Just an FYI, the game is being shown live on RedTV International to 'international' audiences. :thumsup2

It's a good thing i'm going to this game, otherwise i'd have to fly all the way over to Germany just to see it.

Do it for the bears Leonard, do it for the bears.....

A win for us today has breathing down your necks again, silly **** :lol:

Hopefully McGregor or Bartley take GMS out of the game early on, seems to do very well against us.

2 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

They still don't realise that beating Aberdeen a couple of times means f**k all if they can't keep winning against the rest. This is why they should be looking behind them rather than in front.

This is what happens when you're such a diddy team that nobody wants to be the manager, and they have to promote the youth coach.

11 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Hopefully McGregor or Bartley take GMS out of the game early on, seems to do very well against us.

8 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

They still don't realise that beating Aberdeen a couple of times means f**k all if they can't keep winning against the rest. This is why they should be looking behind them rather than in front.

This is what happens when you're such a diddy team that nobody wants to be the manager, and they have to promote the youth coach.

A draw is the only half decent result for the filth today. They still want their team to be challenging Celtic, whereas they clearly should be focusing on the big teams around them. Fucking mutants have so little self awareness it's frightening.

13 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

A do it for the bears post usually brings I'll luck for the team mentioned..

4 hours ago, Zing. said:

Efe Ambrose is going to play right back up against GMS again, isnt he? 

7372F683-FCF6-4C14-8637-E2533EBC6D4C.png.7cbaadbe1ece67a7ad705d65af55851b.png

Ambrose has been our best right-back this season. I think our only effective alternative would be three centre-backs with Boyle at wing-back.

Ambrose has been better defending at right-back than anyone else this season and has been a better attacking threat than any of our full-backs. I want Ambrose at centre-back but I have no issue with him out wide; if we have Stevenson on the other side, Ambrose can complement Stevenson’s stalwart defending with an attacking outlet.

Our connoisseur of cigars may be one of the most effective & consistent dribblers in the league; aside from Whittaker, he is our only reliable crosser from full-back.

4 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Just checked when the last time we beat Aberdeen in the league at home was. 2-0 in October 2009, Liam Miller scored and was man of the match. Really does put it into perspective just how young he passed (and, much, much less importantly, our shite recent record against Aberdeen).

That may be the most melancholic Hibs stat that I’ve seen.

Liam Miller’s last game against Aberdeen (his final Hibs game) was also a ‘memorial match’ - after Eddie Turnbull’s death. We lost 1-3 in the last game of the 2010-11 season.

2 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Looking at a 19k+ crowd today, amazing when you consider that we only managed to pull in just over 9 thousand the last time that Aberdeen came to Easter Road on league duty.

We had an official attendance of 19k in the previous Home tie:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41534266

Our defensive woes and injury issues have arguably hampered our progress, but I believe that the absence of Barker is a blessing in disguise. Lennon setup the same way in both games against The Dons and we suffered because of it. Barker & Boyle were nullified in both games, with Barker leaving Stevenson to defend on his own against Mackay-Steven and Logan.

Lennon may be pressed into playing more deeper midfielders this time and we should benefit from this.

Another difference will be the presence of Kamberi, who has been a pleasant surprise so far. He has looked like the forward that we were missing in the Aberdeen games.

I would prefer us to play three centre-backs, although I would like to see Boyle getting onto Allan’s sumptuous RSBs™. The False m9 will be key to unlocking Aberdeen.

Archived