Hibernian vs Aberdeen

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Jute said:

Nice to see Edinburgh showing its true colours before tomorrow's game.

Ah yes, Edinburgh castle. Once a mighty fortress of great importance which now exists as a piece of rubble with a history so old that few even bother to learn about. How appropriate.

greggy.png

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Nice to see Edinburgh showing its true colours before tomorrow's game.

99b3c102-2576-4a6e-867d-e1d46424b4b9.jpg

It’s maroon mate, not red.

The colour of the only team in Auld Reekie.

A castle with a history of being an important fortress in the defence of this country...

I'm no expert in medieval history, but the kings based in Atholl eventually moved to Edinburgh afaik. Alongside Stirling castle, and Dumbarton, Edinburgh was an important part of Scotland's defence against the English. As such, it should be regarded as a national treasure, not just one for the people of Edinburgh. To display the colours of Aberdeen so fervently, on the eve of a Hibernian vs Aberdeen game is a credit to the authorities involved, and shows a deep understanding of the realpolitik of this nation.

Just checked when the last time we beat Aberdeen in the league at home was. 2-0 in October 2009, Liam Miller scored and was man of the match. Really does put it into perspective just how young he passed (and, much, much less importantly, our shite recent record against Aberdeen).

Shame Hibs have gone for a minute’s applause over a minute’s silence IMO. You might get one or two Aberdeen fans coming in the ground unaware of it, but there’d be no malice in it at all, and they’d soon realise.

3 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Just checked when the last time we beat Aberdeen in the league at home was. 2-0 in October 2009, Liam Miller scored and was man of the match. Really does put it into perspective just how young he passed (and, much, much less importantly, our shite recent record against Aberdeen).

Shame Hibs have gone for a minute’s applause over a minute’s silence IMO. You might get one or two Aberdeen fans coming in the ground unaware of it, but there’d be no malice in it at all, and they’d soon realise.

Unlike supporters of a certain two teams pretty much every other club and their fans can observe a minutes silence with no problems whatsoever.

Agree on the minutes applause.

Applause feels inappropriate at such a tragic death. If it is because of fears of it being disrupted I think that’s ridiculous as doubt anyone in the dons end would disrespect it knowingly.

Is this going to be shown live on Hibs TV to 'international' fans?

It will be, but as it’s the Alba game, your* best bet is looking online for a stream that uses their feed, there were ones for both the Dundee and Motherwell games recently, and no Gaelic commentary to put you off, either.

Looking at a 19k+ crowd today, amazing when you consider that we only managed to pull in just over 9 thousand the last time that Aberdeen came to Easter Road on league duty.

I agree that the minutes applause does seem inappropriate. Surely no one at the club has reservations over a minutes silence? It’s Aberdeen that we are playing, I’d bet my last pound that the Dons support would observe it impeccably.

The only club I’d have doubts over would be Rangers but even then I’d be surprised.

8 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

It will be, but as it’s the Alba game, you’re best bet is looking online for a stream that uses their feed, there were ones for both the Dundee and Motherwell games recently, and no Gaelic commentary to put you off, either.

Cheers for the heads up! The task now is to find a half decent one. What kind of world do we live in where it's so difficult to find a good quality illegal stream? :thumbsdown

Archived