Hibernian vs Aberdeen

Middletons on Easter Road or Artisan just off ER probably the best bets. Mash Tuns a good pub and does a good pint but overpriced.

Middletons is a cracking fitba pub and wasn’t even that busy till the back of 1 last time.

People who want to drink in German beer houses and craft beer type places before the fitba are definitely for the watching.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hibs need to win this to have even the vaguest chance of finishing 2nd. Which is a bit problematic since Aberdeen are pretty much ideally set up to stop that happening... Solid defence, won't go gung ho leaving space behind them, and full of players who punish you for mistakes in midfield and defence. Which would be our kryptonite.

Think Swanson might get a start here, him Mcgeouch and Allan have to do something to unlock and Aberdeen defence we've had no joy against.

43 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

FFS the rednecks are on their way down for a day. Leith will be murder if we don't encourage them to just stick to the same places together and contain them. 

To be fair to them it must be like Christmas. Living up in Aberdeen and getting a big day out in Leith. Bless x

43 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

FFS the rednecks are on their way down for a day. Leith will be murder if we don't encourage them to just stick to the same places together and contain them. 

I promise not to encroach on your shooting gallery behind the wheely bins on West Norton place :)

Couple of early trains, a public conveyance to the new town hostelries for artisan gin serves and perhaps tapas or some sort of sashimi type repast.

Followed by a GMS inspired scudding.

Cannae wait.

3 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Middletons is a cracking fitba pub and wasn’t even that busy till the back of 1 last time.

People who want to drink in German beer houses and craft beer type places before the fitba are definitely for the watching.

Come fight me in the Brass Monkey or the Bier Hoose, your pick pal. CCfuckingS.

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

I think it's fitting that you put Leith and murder in the same sentence.

Heading along to this with a Cabbage supporting pal as there's no ICT game on. Will be quite nice to roll out of my bed in glorious #EH7 and straight to the pub instead of having a 3 and a half hour train journey north to watch a game.

I'll be honest and say that there is barely a game in this league that I don't worry about, and I worry about Hibs games more than most.

The introduction of the best McGinn in scottish football has eased my worries a bit, but I'm yet to be convinced by this Aberdeen team.

We're pretty solid at the back and we're pretty good going forward, but we're not 'solid' at the back and not 'good' up front - although we have scored a lot recently.

I think every one of Hibs, Hearts, Killie, St Johnstone etc are just a bit of consistancy away from us.

Feeling bad about this one.  

3-1 Hibs and me greetin' into my overpriced american-style-IPA-with-a-horrible-hoppy-aftertaste.

Hope it's a good game though.

Yours

aDONis

Yes. It's still a decent wee pub and as Billy says, will be half empty. Plenty scope for beers and ching.

Is there any town which you haven’t drank in mate!? [emoji23][emoji481][emoji460]️

13 minutes ago, RiG said:

Heading along to this with a Cabbage supporting pal as there's no ICT game on. Will be quite nice to roll out of my bed in glorious #EH7 and straight to the pub instead of having a 3 and a half hour train journey north to watch a game.

Posh EH7 or pikey EH7? Need more details, m8. 

5 hours ago, RiG said:

I'm right next to the ground. Probably in between posh and pikey.

Indeed. The dividing line goes right through the ground. The West Stand is in posh EH7 and the east stand is in pikey EH7. Where the South stand lies is dependent on who's playing that day,.

On 15/02/2018 at 12:57, Lebowski said:

Hibs need to win this to have even the vaguest chance of finishing 2nd. Which is a bit problematic since Aberdeen are pretty much ideally set up to stop that happening... Solid defence, won't go gung ho leaving space behind them, and full of players who punish you for mistakes in midfield and defence. Which would be our kryptonite.

Think Swanson might get a start here, him Mcgeouch and Allan have to do something to unlock and Aberdeen defence we've had no joy against.

I would be hesitant in starting Swanson on the left. He isn’t great at tracking back and that might leave Stevenson vulnerable to 1v1s with GMS or McGinn which gives me the fear. 

I would go with 4-4-1-1 with McGinn on the left, Boyle on the right and Allan in a free role behind Kamberi. However, I think we’re more likely to see a diamond with McClaren and Kamberi up top.

Archived