Ayr vs East Fife

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it wasn't as close a game as I was expecting yesterday. Some key players - such as Mark Docherty and Mark Lamont - missing for East Fife which really damaged them creatively and in the end it was an easy victory for Ayr. 

Shankland looked good up front, McDaid looked dangerous at times and Forrest done well when he came on. I didn't feel Ayr played overly great, tbh, but they were comfortably the better team and never really looked like losing. 

For East Fife, Goodfellow kept the score to 3 while McManus, Allardice and Duggan done OK in spells too. I felt Kieran Millar was the best outfield player for the visitors on the day - purely for his dig and energy. Knox and Smith looked lively when they came on while Young's decision to take Kane off was long overdue, IMO, as he looked shaky from the start in the centre of the back 3. 

It's gonna go right to the wire for Ayr, there isn't a lot between them and Raith, while, East Fife should only be thinking of survival now with 9th and 10th a distinct, realistic, possibility as things stand. 

For my full summary of the game and Ian McCall's post-match comments with the press, click here.

29 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

Well, it wasn't as close a game as I was expecting yesterday. Some key players - such as Mark Docherty and Mark Lamont - missing for East Fife which really damaged them creatively and in the end it was an easy victory for Ayr. 

Shankland looked good up front, McDaid looked dangerous at times and Forrest done well when he came on. I didn't feel Ayr played overly great, tbh, but they were comfortably the better team and never really looked like losing. 

For East Fife, Goodfellow kept the score to 3 while McManus, Allardice and Duggan done OK in spells too. I felt Kieran Millar was the best outfield player for the visitors on the day - purely for his dig and energy. Knox and Smith looked lively when they came on while Young's decision to take Kane off was long overdue, IMO, as he looked shaky from the start in the centre of the back 3. 

It's gonna go right to the wire for Ayr, there isn't a lot between them and Raith, while, East Fife should only be thinking of survival now with 9th and 10th a distinct, realistic, possibility as things stand. 

For my full summary of the game and Ian McCall's post-match comments with the press, click here.

You forgot to list Shankland in your Ayr lineup m8

Archived