Ayr vs East Fife

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EF had a shot on target!!!

Just to be pedantic again, it was actually a header (Duggan 68 mins), still pretty sad though, our first attempt in February that the keeper has actually had to save!!!

Eta; and most of January!!!

East Fife are comfortably the worst team I’ve seen us play this season. If we had started the game a bit better it would’ve been a much larger margin of victory.

Trouten doing us a favour at Cliftonhill to open the title race back up again.

EF definitely the worst team I've seen at Somerset  this season. We looked very tired  from the  start,  anyone else and we would have been in bother. Brilliant individual  goal from Shanks. Kerr has the subtlety of an erratic elephant. Rose, Bell, Geggan looked pretty good too, for all they had to do.

Looking at the results from teams below is its a fair assumption that we will be in the relegation playoffs. Unless of course Young stays true to form and manages to get us rock bottom which by his standards is perfectly achievable.

Strange one. As comfortable a win as we will have all season, without really playing at any great tempo. Team looked a bit tired as someone said, plus the crowd was extremely subdued.

Great goal from Shankland. Wee bit disappointed we didn't get a 4th, Moore should have done better twice.

Defence looked pretty solid but in fairness EF offered very little. Thought Bell looked good at CB which is great.

Hopefully more of a buzz next week for Airdrie game after Raiths late goal conceded. As i said, seemed very very low key today on what could actually be quite an pivotal day in the title race.

Was at the game and thought the performance was pretty good, looked more solid at the back with Bell and Geggan in there and was impressed with Kerr in the middle, clumsy at times but overall has a good variety of passing.

Bit difficult to assess goalie and defence though cause East Fife were shite but we still managed to make them look like scoring near the end with us slacking off, looked knackered the last 20 minutes, presume it's a knock on from last week.

Also have to say the pitch is in a pretty bad state and looked heavy again today which probably isn't helping things. Don't remember it being in as bad a state last season although the winter wasn't as bad.

Bit meh. Gave the ball away a couple of times but he didn’t shirk any tackles. Probably not fully fit yet.

Agree. First i've seen him. Won more tackles than I expected but had a few passes that went wrong. If he stays fit should do OK though. I think it was him who had a really good touch and wee pass wide to set up opener for McDaid

Archived