Most romantic UK towns/cities

Girth

I’m looking to take my girlfriend away early March somewhere delightful for good food, scenery, history, art, culture, good pubs and plenty of boning.

I’m thinking one of...

Shrewsbury

Norwich

Lake District

Edinburgh

York

Any other recommendations?

6 hours ago, Girth said:

I’m looking to take my girlfriend away early March somewhere delightful for good food, scenery, history, art, culture, good pubs and plenty of boning.

I’m thinking one of...

Shrewsbury

Norwich

Lake District

Edinburgh

York

Any other recommendations?

Out of them, if you're driving, Shrewsbury. Glorious countryside nearby. If not, Norwich. Hire a boat and explore the fens. Both have excellent pubs and restaurants. Sure they'll have some museum or art gallery hidden away. Shrewsbury was the place where Cadfael was based, so there's loads of historical and religious shit lying around. There will be Travelodges or similar for boning purposes. If you're feeling flush the Maids Head in Norwich could elevate it.

• 2 weeks later...

Other UK cities with the best vibe - Manchester, London, Bristol, Nottingham, Brighton, Cambridge

Pleasant enough smaller places in other parts of UK -  Leamington, Chester, Hebden Bridge, Canterbury, Bath, Keswick, Hexham, Whitby, Tenby, Harrogate

One I stumbled upon by chance and thought, I really like this place, is Oundle near Peterborough.  Nice to look at and some good restaurants.

Yarm is a great night out - always went there when we worked in "Give Me Six" Teesside

Archived