Motherwell vs Kilmarnock 17/2/18

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the f**k was that ! 

Could have played all week and not scored. 

That said I thought we were the better side for the majority of that match.  Dominated possession and had so many corners I lost count. Would like to see Ciftci penalty shout from 1st half once more. 

Just did not go our way today. 

Good crowd from Kilmarnock. Top 6 for sure for them and good luck. 

Probably should have taken at least a point today, played some decent stuff at times and got into some good areas but unfortunately we lacked a cutting edge in the final third and most of our so called creative players were well below par. 

Frear was worse than a man down 2nd half, Tanner needs to learn when to release the ball and Ciftci was largely anonymous. Some of the set piece deliveries were absolutely atrocious as well. 

On the plus side I thought Dunne and Aldred were excellent at the back again. McHugh played well a few stray passes aside and it was good to see Bowman back, felt he made a difference when he came on. 

Killie reminded me of us during the first half of the season- wasn’t pretty to watch but they were well drilled, well organised and limited us to very few clear cut chances. Confidence and momentum is with them just now and their games in hand should see them take the final top six place now.

I thought we had the better of the game up until Killie scored, but after that it was a masterclass from Killie in shutting down a game. 

We didn't carry a lot of luck today, just seemed to be one of those days. 

Top 6 spot is Killie's to lose now. It's been some turnaround, so fair play. 

Archived