Motherwell vs Kilmarnock 17/2/18

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine Mulumbu will slot in where Tshibola was playing on Tuesday, but that leaves another central midfield position up for grabs. The only other players we've played there since Clarke took over IIRC are Power, Dicker (both injured), Wilson and Taylor. The options then look to be either stick Taylor back in the middle or bring Ian Wilson in after his performance on Tuesday.

It's a tricky one - Taylor has far more energy but Wilson is better at the 'Dicker' role and sitting in front of the defence. I'd probably go with Taylor and stick Findlay at right back, purely down to the importance of the game and Wilson's lack of game time this season.

McDonald

SOD Broadfoot Boyd Findlay

McKenzie Mulumbu Taylor Jones

Brophy Boyd

I imagine Mulumbu will slot in where Tshibola was playing on Tuesday, but that leaves another central midfield position up for grabs. The only other players we've played there since Clarke took over IIRC are Power, Dicker (both injured), Wilson and Taylor. The options then look to be either stick Taylor back in the middle or bring Ian Wilson in after his performance on Tuesday.
It's a tricky one - Taylor has far more energy but Wilson is better at the 'Dicker' role and sitting in front of the defence. I'd probably go with Taylor and stick Findlay at right back, purely down to the importance of the game and Wilson's lack of game time this season.

McDonald

Brophy Boyd

I don't see Wilson starting after such a long time injured. Taylor's a good fit I think.

47 minutes ago, nsr said:

A hard fought 2-2 draw to further cement Scottish football's official bromance.

2-2 is also my prediction here. A good game with decent goals and a smashing time to be had by pretty much everyone as we're all a great bunch of lads if we're honest about it.

2 hours ago, Coooombe said:

McDonald

Brophy Boyd

I assume when you said right back you meant left back?  Don't give me the fear about S(G)OD missing out please.

Spoiler

#TB4

Good to see genuine anticipation for this game between our two clubs.  I'll be putting a score on a Ross County & Motherwell double.  Both of us need to drag Hearts back into it. With your games in hand you should be breathing down their necks even if you lose tomorrow. 

10 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

2-2 is also my prediction here. A good game with decent goals and a smashing time to be had by pretty much everyone as we're all a great bunch of lads if we're honest about it.

Would take that, providing Boyd doesn’t score. That would not be smashing at all. 

This will be a tough one, Killie are a solid outfit under Clarke and we've not been too convincing at home for a good few months now.

Either 1-1 or a 2-1 away win on the cards here I reckon.

Despite our good run in form, I am still not overly confident about this. I would happily take a 1-1 draw right now, with Boydie and Main getting the goals. 

Not really sure how our midfield will look for this game, but if Mulumbu  and Wilson are fit, I would  have them in the centre of midfield. 

Even with how well we have always played since Clarke came in, I don't think I've ever went into a game confident of a result. Guess it's something that comes with supporting Killie. I'll be happy with a draw and ecstatic at a win as always, a loss will only do our confidence a bit, but we have games in hand to make up for it.

Positively buzzing for this though!!

Archived