Staggies v Jambos

On 19/02/2018 at 09:51, Defender said:

Second time this season an incorrect offside has cost us a win over Hearts.

incorrect, the first time the whistle went way before he hit it so the hearts keeper didn't even make an attempt.  Also the flag had been up for ages.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Mr. X said:

There is no way that you could say that was clearly a goal from the Sportscene camera footage. 

I have no idea why the pundits were thinking it was over the line.

Probably because they had much the same view as I had from the East Stand. It looked as if it was over the line, but if it was offside it doesn’t matter.  Anyway, done and dusted, a point I was hoping for but not expecting, onwards and upwards....

On 2/19/2018 at 14:46, bunglebonce said:

Nasmith is still contracted to 2020 - a rare bit of good business by McIntyre.  Coming with a transfer fee from a lower league club I doubt there will be a minimum release clause.

JO'B was one of three central midfielders in a very lopsided 4-3-3, but had to pull out to the right to cover the gap there.  It's as much a lopsided 4-4-2 as it is a 4-3-3 I suppose, numbers don't matter as much as the lopsidedness.  JO'B is perfect for that right-of-centre role in midfield IMO - he made some terrific diagonal runs from deep in the first half that weren't picked up and was tenacious in chasing players as always.  I'm not sure where Eagles fits in that team, other than in place of DKD?

I think Naismith will be away in the summer irrespective of which division County are in, and hopefully not for ten pence in the pound like the last two high profile sales.  Quite surprised he didn't rejig his contract over the winter, in that regard.  He's been genuinely excellent.  He had mixed reviews from St Mirren fans, but he really has stepped it up at a higher level.  Great piece of business by McIntyre.  Let's have less of him at centre half though.  Utter waste.   If Sean Kelly was even half as effective, we'd have two excellent full backs.

23 hours ago, Mr. X said:

There is no way that you could say that was clearly a goal from the Sportscene camera footage. 

I have no idea why the pundits were thinking it was over the line.

I don't think it's over the line, but even it was, the linesman would have to have eyes of a hawk to give it.  There's no way it should have been given, irrespective of the interminably dull "offside/onside" debate.

Archived