Staggies v Jambos

A forgettable game, to be fair. 

Very
Thought a draw was probably a fair result, County did nothing of note in the first half and kept giving Hearts encouragement with some bad, bad decisions at the back. One to forget.

Nope, county deserved to win what I seen. Worst I’ve seen us.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t care about Hearts or the big team in Edinburgh (my mother was a Hibee) but I’m now convinced that we’ll stay up. A bit more confidence and I think some of the mis-hit passes will be eliminated, some of the decision making will be more considered and effective. If we’d had this team at the beginning of the season we wouldn’t be where we are today. 

As for the game. Pretty even overall. Fox worries me, but we don’t have anyone better. We used too many long balls (Fox) when we actually have some ball players now in defence, midfield and up front. Ngog has ball skills but no pace, he needs mor game time, Too many mistakes, but see above.

Going forward. Tansy will be a plus.

Coyle isn’t a tactical genius, but we’ll be ok.

Honestly think we’ll stay up. Tansey changed the game when he came on, started to actually try to unlock the Hearts defence instead of passing the ball sideways.

Foxy is starting to become an honest liability. Makes one great save from point blank range. Concedes five minutes later from a free kick that, simply, he must save.

Naisy was excellent. Head and shoulders above the rest of our players. Need to tie him down long term otherwise he’s off to Burton for sweets in the summer. Marcus was alright on the other side but his touch is a bit sketchy at times.

I thought Fontaine was honking today. No composure, always looking to just hoof. Number of times he could simply take the ball down and play instead of heading forward. Souttar didn’t really do much, but wasn’t exactly great. Boy his size should be a real aerial threat from corners.

DKD has got to be the most hot/cold player going. At times he looks very very promising, then he gives the ball away from a simple 10 yard pass. Like the look of Kait in the middle. Good work rate. Prefer JOB in the centre but will do until Eagles is fit. As already stated, would like to see Tansey start soon enough as he could have a real influence in keeping us up.

Personally I thought N’gog looked extremely unfit, but his technical ability is unquestionable. 3 games time and we’ll have a player on our hands. Schalky didn’t really get any chances in front of goal today, but he was full of energy as ever.

All in all, I think County deserved the points. Hearts offered very little in the second half. However, it’s good to actually come away from a game disappointed with only a point. Onwards and upwards.

22 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

I don't pay super close attention to Ross County, but I seem to be seeing the phrase "there are question marks about Scott Fox's goalkeeping" popping up a lot this season.  Is it just me or has he really been that dire this season?  Here is where I saw it for record

image.png.c899d89c4203f73320ac0cd213b765aa.png

He had a nightmare yesterday from what I saw. Coming out to claim a ball across the box and he twists his body to clear it with his feet was ridiculous. Then he dived over the ball for the free-kick (which admittedly was well-placed but he probably should keep it out, and I thought the wall needed 4 men instead of 3). I thought the Adao (?) effort was sneaking in. Then the inexplicable "pass-back" moment. He's not been good this season, and McCarey seems just as likely to chuck one in too. Both remind of Michael Fraser at the moment, you shit yourself anytime an effort from 20+ yards trundles towards the goal. I'd have them both binned in the summer.

Anyway, a great point. I expected County to collapse after going 0-1 down so that's a difference from 4-5 weeks ago. There's some depth to the squad now too. Two big games coming up over the next two weekends*

*I've just noticed that the fixtures on those two weekends are:

St. Johnstone vs Ross County // Hamilton vs Thistle

Ross County vs Thistle // St. Johnstone vs Hamilton

11 hours ago, Les Westander of County said:

Sportscene cameras reveal that County actually had a valid second goal disallowed after all.  Apparently wrongly not given for offside though 2 Hearts players' bodies were beyond Schalk.

2 points dropped. 

It looked like a good goal from the East Stand at the time.

Who was the incompetent linesman this week? 

On 17/02/2018 at 20:24, Matty-RCFC said:

Naisy was excellent. Head and shoulders above the rest of our players. Need to tie him down long term otherwise he’s off to Burton for sweets in the summer.

Prefer JOB in the centre but will do until Eagles is fit.

Nasmith is still contracted to 2020 - a rare bit of good business by McIntyre.  Coming with a transfer fee from a lower league club I doubt there will be a minimum release clause.

JO'B was one of three central midfielders in a very lopsided 4-3-3, but had to pull out to the right to cover the gap there.  It's as much a lopsided 4-4-2 as it is a 4-3-3 I suppose, numbers don't matter as much as the lopsidedness.  JO'B is perfect for that right-of-centre role in midfield IMO - he made some terrific diagonal runs from deep in the first half that weren't picked up and was tenacious in chasing players as always.  I'm not sure where Eagles fits in that team, other than in place of DKD?

2 hours ago, CountyFan said:

It was never over the line. 

There is no way that you could say that was clearly a goal from the Sportscene camera footage. 

I have no idea why the pundits were thinking it was over the line.

2 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Mikeys just turned into a cliche. He'd say sugar was shite and vice versa.

I watched a wee bit of Sportscene at my Maw's place yesterday - when Stewart was talking, she said "I dinnae like that laddie".

She's a good judge of character, my maw - she doesnae like me either. 

Archived