Staggies v Jambos

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't pay super close attention to Ross County, but I seem to be seeing the phrase "there are question marks about Scott Fox's goalkeeping" popping up a lot this season.  Is it just me or has he really been that dire this season?  Here is where I saw it for record

image.png.c899d89c4203f73320ac0cd213b765aa.png

Fox has been mostly good while at County (with the occasional moment when you wonder what the hell?) but this season he is making a lot of fuckups. Either his confidence is shot or he's just done. I don't know if we should be using McCarey more, I've not seen as much of him as other County fans. If McCarey isn't up to the job then a goalkeeper probably has to be a top priority in the summer.

Anyway, was a relief to get a point after going behind. If that happened a month ago we'd have lost it, so it's not all bad. N'gog didn't exactly impress, but a point is a point.

27 minutes ago, forkboy said:

N'gog didn't exactly impress, but a point is a point.

A few heavy touches at times, but there aren’t any other County forwards who cannot roll Souttar or Berra.  Some of his control in tight spaces made the difference for the team in the first half, in terms of being able to play in Hearts’ half.  That just wasn’t happening in the two previous fixtures against them.

Thought a draw was probably a fair result, County did nothing of note in the first half and kept giving Hearts encouragement with some bad, bad decisions at the back. One to forget.

Archived