Everyday Tasks You're Terrible At

I find this absolutely baffling. “Not trusted with the finances” = wife probably spending all of your money on whatever she fancies whilst you get £5 on a Saturday for a pint. Remarkable.

It's one of those wee black boxes with a key. I do have a safe but the locking mechanism must be fucked. Thankfully there's no money in it!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

i worked she dealt with the finances. it wasnt so much that i couldnt really just that she kept everything up to date. id forget to pay things as they slipped my mind. i never went wanting for anything.

eta - realise now my previous post was worded as if i was incompetent.

I think your original post was worded quite correctly.

Sounds like it needs reset. They are such needy b*****ds. Usually just a case of switching off, back on and holding down a couple of the buttons for 10 seconds or so. Switch back on, bang the door shut a few times and the week p***k will probably start behaving. 

Will give that a shot the night! See if I can get the wee shite playing the game.

I was up in Elgin for a wedding and the hotel we were staying at had a laundry room that they kept their ironing board in.  I was down trying to iron my shirt for the wedding and one of the hotel cleaning staff was in with me.  
After 5 minutes of watching me struggle to iron the shirt she told me to"get the f**k oot the road" and did it for me.  
Made an excellent job of it too. 

Similar thing happened to me about 12 and a half years ago.
My now wife and I were going out for a night out, she stood and watched me f*ck about with a shirt and an iron for 20 minutes before politely removing me from the board and in about 4 magical strokes of wizardry, voila... A crisp shirt.
It was magical.

She's still a black belt in ironing.

45 minutes ago, Romeo said:

What kind of futuristic dishwashers do people have?

Mine has a power on/off button and one other button to start it. 

Mine is on/off and a four settings dial that details how extensive a clean you want.

I can feel your jealousy from here.

ETA: They also have little pictures on it to make it headthebaaa proof.

10 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Mine is on/off and a four settings dial that details how extensive a clean you want.

I think mine has six settings, (individual buttons, none of your dial pish) as well as delay start, half load, and turbo charged self clean. Wee photos too. 

Think @Romeomust have a dishwasher that came off the ark.

Yeah mine has a dial thing too but that just stays at number one.

Car maintenance. Have recently changed the lightbulbs on my car, but that is about as far as my skills go. Can do the usual stuff, screenwash, oil top up. I have never had a big interest in cars and how they work etc, despite all my pals being petrol heads.

Eta: can change the tyres as well, its more anything under the bonnet i would have no idea what i was actually looking for.

Anything broken in my car get the look for fuse and replace treatment first. It's usually one of them giving up on life that causes it.
Screw fiddling about under bonnet. More likely to cause damage that way.

Dishwasher is my bug bear. I can work most of it. Just no idea what half the symbols mean but I can repair the bugger.
Oh painting is what I am excessively crap at. Either streaks or missed patches

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Withdrawing the money that isn't needed for bills works for me. I find if I have cash on me I'm a lot tighter with my spending. Probably some kind of mad psychology but when I use my card to buy something I don't feel bothered whereas if I buy something with cash I physically see my money going.

Having checked my wage slip today against my outgoings, I get the feeling I don't need to worry about overspending this month, as I don't have anything to overspend :(

Mines has 2 hands, 2 arms. It also has 2 legs and 2 feet to stand at the kitchen sink.

This is a fine example of a “yer da” joke for those that were asking the other day.

I expect an update on the gam tomorrow.

Ps. Lend you a 10 spot if you need it. [emoji3]

Are you offering him a £10 to give your blowjob technique a positive review? I thought you had more pride in your work, BB.

Anything broken in my car get the look for fuse and replace treatment first. It's usually one of them giving up on life that causes it.
Screw fiddling about under bonnet. More likely to cause damage that way.

Dishwasher is my bug bear. I can work most of it. Just no idea what half the symbols mean but I can repair the bugger.
Oh painting is what I am excessively crap at. Either streaks or missed patches

I’m shite at painting as well. Not particularly artistic.

On the fuses thing. I have an electronic handbrake and it plays up so i took it up to my father in law and him and his mate had a go at fixing it (the father in law is really good at fixing cars) but his mate who was there decided, instead of taking the fuses out one by one he hauled them all out. Now the cruise control doesn’t work etc.

Archived