Everyday Tasks You're Terrible At

34 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Honestly amazed that their are grown adults openly admitting they can't iron a shirt. You lot will be the first to die when we need to start culling the human race.

I always assumed that the kind of dystopian extinction event culling would be a t-shirt type of affair. Probably not much need for shirts and ties in the new order. Usually ends up being a spandex/boilersuit fashion in the movies.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, renton said:

I always assumed that the kind of dystopian extinction event culling would be a t-shirt type of affair. Probably not much need for shirts and ties in the new order. Usually ends up being a spandex/boilersuit fashion in the movies.

See my response to Shotgun, it's not that we will require to wear well ironed shirts during the zombie war, more that any man who can't carry out such a simple task will be of no use to us.

2 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Aye, try eating a turnip with its “coat on”

Who eats turnips? Try a butternut squash. An actual chainsaw couldn't get through their titanium-plated shells.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Honestly amazed that their are grown adults openly admitting they can't iron a shirt. You lot will be the first to die when we need to start culling the human race.

I’ve not tried ironing in about 30years so I’m not sure if I could or not.  I imagine I’d be able to do a half decent job if I needed to but I’ve no great desire to find out.

As James Earl Jones said in Coming To America “I tied my own shoelaces once; it is a very overrated experience”.

Guest bernardblack

Frying eggs for me too. Pretty decent in the kitchen but when it comes to them they are either not cooked or burned.

Also ripping tin foil from the pack. The serrated edge does not help

Reading through this thread has made me realise that I'm pretty competent at everyday tasks. I can break eggs without bursting them, cook, wash up, iron, use cling film, change bedding and change bulbs without a problem. Maybe the only thing is shaving. I used to always miss the odd bit and usually managed to cut myself but I've not been clean shaven for seven years so that solved that.

Just now, microdave said:

Reading through this thread has made me realise that I'm pretty competent at everyday tasks. I can break eggs without bursting them, cook, wash up, iron, use cling film, change bedding and change bulbs without a problem. Maybe the only thing is shaving. I used to always miss the odd bit and usually managed to cut myself but I've not been clean shaven for seven years so that solved that.

Will you marry me?

I can't operate the washing machine.

Also there was a study I read that concluded people who eat well done steak and keep butter in the fridge are mentally deficient.

Don't shoot the messenger, that's what the study said.

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Also there was a study I read that concluded people who eat well done steak and keep butter in the fridge are mentally deficient.

An informal survey of the people currently in my house confirm this to be true. A small sample size (1) admittedly but I'm confident in the results.

An informal survey of the people currently in my house confirm this to be true. A small sample size (1) admittedly but I'm confident in the results.

There we go another study where 100% of those asked agreed.

Case closed.

23 minutes ago, Jamaldo said:

I can iron my formal shirts (which I only wear out on the piss occasionally) to a fairly decent degree. However I tried ironing a pair of suit trousers once and made a c**t of it so haven't tried that again.

You'e not supposed to iron suit trousers. Suits should be dry cleaned, they'll come back without creases.

I'm brilliant at everything and just pretend to be rubbish to avoid getting up. Except ironing and frying eggs which she is shite at.

You'e not supposed to iron suit trousers. Suits should be dry cleaned, they'll come back without creases.
I'm brilliant at everything and just pretend to be rubbish to avoid getting up. Except ironing and frying eggs which she is shite at.

Strange, her eggs are usually decent.

I think shirts are the only thing that need ironed tbh. I couldn’t care less that my tshirts, trousers, etc have creases in them, they’ll wear out. D

56 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I can't operate the washing machine.

So mental deficiency will be a defence when I shoot you?  That’s good to know.

Archived