Motherwell v Heart of Midlothian - Scottish Cup quarter-final, 04/03/2018

Elixir

Hate Levein

Love Hampden chips.

Match was a microcosm of our season.

When it was all about hoofball and physical challenges we were dominant, opposition scored an OG, Kipre plays really well then makes a bad mistake that could have cost us the game, ball starts getting played on the ground and we look in trouble, struggle to create any chances outside of set pieces, then pull out a goal from nowhere for a slightly lucky win.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Motherwell deserved that. We only showed up for 45 minutes.

Watching this team with nothing to play for for the test of the season.  warnock.png I wish for death.

Wow! 

First of all I have to say I thought we were utter pish today and didn't kick.our own arses in the second half, a very similar performance to the recent Killie game and the home Hibs game in that we looked for all the world like we would play all night and never score. 

We didn't deserve to win and a draw was a fair result but if anyone was going to win it it was going to be Hearts.

And then Carl McHugh scores the fucking goal of his life and renders all of the above completely irrelevant! :) As I always say, I don't care about entertaining spectacles, as long as we win that is all that matters and yet again this team has shown that it has guts and what it lacks in quality, we make up for in character. Stuart McCall's 2012/13 team would never have won that game in a month of Sundays so well done Robinson.

It's always great to beat the city clubs especially when they have a big, vociferous following as they did today and credit to Hearts for bringing such a superb support but I'm delighted they are trudging back to 'Dinny ken' land with their tails between their legs.

Hampden here we come yet again. :)

26 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

From what I saw, Hearts had the better of the second half, but Motherwell came back strongly in the last 10 minutes or so, and that was some shot for the winner.

Pretty much. We we awful in the first half but the goal got us going again. Last 10 minutes I was waiting for their winner. 

Lafferty was very wasteful with possession, team were too spread out, terrible movement nobody looking for space or the pass. Adao was poor. Why Levein would start Callachan before Milinkovic I've no idea. Randall is incapable of playing a simple ball under pressure - just hoofs it long constantly.  

Motherwell's front line pressed well and the boy Main is a unit - Hearts players were bouncing off him. 

Good luck Motherwell - the team I hate least out of the remaining clubs in it. 

Getting a bit pissed off with ou  "style" of football. More so the bigoted and racist element of our support. Kipre getting it tight from some racist cretin behind me... I told him to shut the f**k up and he was squaring up to me. Wee fanny was old enough to be my son.

42 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Hate Levein

Love Hampden chips.

When it was all about hoofball and physical challenges we were dominant, opposition scored an OG, Kipre plays really well then makes a bad mistake that could have cost us the game, ball starts getting played on the ground and we look in trouble, struggle to create any chances outside of set pieces, then pull out a goal from nowhere for a slightly lucky win.

For the most part, we don't play "hoofball". Stop perpetuating this myth.

1 minute ago, The Tackle said:

Getting a bit pissed off with ou  "style" of football. More so the bigoted and racist element of our support. Kipre getting it tight from some racist cretin behind me... I told him to shut the f**k up and he was squaring up to me. Wee fanny was old enough to be my son.

In his 40s?

52 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Hate Levein

Love Hampden chips.

As already mentioned for the most part we didn't nor do we play hoofball. 

It wasn't an OG 

And moaning about a goal from nowhere when we dominated the previous 5 minutes.  

Apart from that, good summary.  

Archived